Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im after a step by step guide for trying to sort out my playlist onto a SD card,have read other post

I think i need a click by click guide lol,cant even find where to copy to an SD card.

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rich,

Do you have itunes?

If you plug in your SDcard into your p.c or mac, then you will get an additional drive to open (this will be your sd card. Double click this to opne the window. I created a folder in my sd card called "car tunes" i also created a playlist in itunes called the same. Have both windows open then just drag and drop..these will then copy across to your sd card..easy..

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep I do,was looking without the sd card in doh!!

Thanks for the advice am on me way to try lol.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have got the tracks onto the card now!!woo hoo but tells me some cannot be played,only thing i can think of is that the ones with duplicate numbers are confusing the car.Is there a way of re-numbering the tracks in i-tunes?

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rich,

It is easier to renumber on the sd card..just open the sd card, double click on what you need to rename and type in..

I havent ever had any tracks that wont play from my sd card..so unsure as to that prob pal..

cheers

·
Registered
211 Posts
Did you copied your files from iTunes? So then there might be 2 issues:
- MMI is not capable to play DRM protected files
- Some audio format (I do not recall which one) that are supported by iTunes byt not MMI
File naming should not be a problem. As long as you were able to copy files to SD they already have unique names...

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I copied straight from i-tunes,i reckon it's something to do with that i re-copy tracks into windows and try that.

Thanks again for the help!!

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts