Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Another newbie here introducing myself after 5 months of reading over your shoulders.

I finally picked up my Scuba blue Q5 on Sunday and until today hadn't stopped smiling. Unfortunately I have just discovered that unlike the Kuga I have just moved from (and probably 99% of all hatchbacks produced these days) the back seats only 'flop' forward to about 45°. I am gutted. I wanted more space than the Kuga and didn't like the new version so I used that as an excuse to convince my Wife that we should move up-market and by the Q5.

I love everything else about it; it is a massive jump from the Ford and the response from people on the colour has been a big suprise but I wanted to let potential buyers, who like me want the space, know that there is an issue regarding the usable space. I never even considered it wouldn't do such a thing as fold the seats down flat, so I didn't check when I ordered (apparently it isn't as though it is an option I missed off).

For the record it is an S-Line Plus, 177PS Manual, Off-road alloys, with panoramic roof, heated seats (front and rear) and interior lighting pack. The drive is amazing, I love how quiet it is and my wife says she can't remember me ever being so pleased with something we have bought (until today that is).

I'm off now to try and swap all my fishing tackle and golf clubs for a cricket bat and pads, they should fit!

Regards,

Fishermon

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Welcome.

The seats will go flat.
Pull the lever and they go to about 45, then push them down and they click into place flat. You then have to pull the lever again to make them pop up again.
If you have the non-compact rear head rests you may have to remove them to get it past the back of the front seats.

And now you can love everything about it!

Reactions: Estoril SQ5

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome Fishermon. I hope Jose's advice has alleviated your problem and you can now go on to enjoy your new Q5 100%

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brilliant - back to the land of big grins. Thank you so much.
I didn't want to try and force it down even though I thought it must be capable of doing it. Best part is that even at the risk of coming across as an ass I rang the salesman who CONFIRMED that it won't fold flat.
The bit that really worried me and stopped me forcing it was the centre seat belt 'buckle' but I now notice there is a recess in the seat for it to go into.
Once again many thanks, I hoped I would find an answer here, I was right.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I hope you are going to go back to the dealer, seats folded flat, and rub it in their face!
Misinformation from salesmen (in any trade) is a real pet hate if mine!!

Glad to have been if service! Lots of knowledgable people on here. Don't think there'll be too many questions someone doesn't know the answer to!

We just need to see some pics now! Scuba is a really awesome colour!
Hint: upload to photobucket and post the direct link into the post here using the image link icon to avoid the attachment size limit on the forum

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Reported to the moderator. We do not need this sort of response on here.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jose, Do you ever come to the Isle of Wight as I see your from Dorset? Be great to meet other owners at some stage once mine arrives.

And or others for a meet maybe at some stage next year?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose, Do you ever come to the Isle of Wight as I see your from Dorset? Be great to meet other owners at some stage once mine arrives.

And or others for a meet maybe at some stage next year?
Never been no, would like to though! I have met MerlinV8 when he was on holiday in the New Forest (pics here http://www.myaudiq5....the-difference/) and also met Treacle at Goodwood Festival of Speed. Graham_B is from Salisbury but not met up with him (he was thinking of coming to the New Forest), but I'm not aware of anyone else that is too local... Most members are from Midlands/Scotland.

I agree, would be good to meet a few owners, maybe a pub meet somewhere on a sunny afternoon is in order. We will have to set it up with some notice, maybe if we went for Winchester area we could entice some of the London guys down as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Never been no, would like to though! I have met MerlinV8 when he was on holiday in the New Forest (pics here http://www.myaudiq5....the-difference/) and also met Treacle at Goodwood Festival of Speed. Graham_B is from Salisbury but not met up with him (he was thinking of coming to the New Forest), but I'm not aware of anyone else that is too local... Most members are from Midlands/Scotland.

I agree, would be good to meet a few owners, maybe a pub meet somewhere on a sunny afternoon is in order. We will have to set it up with some notice, maybe if we went for Winchester area we could entice some of the London guys down as well.
Sounds like a great idea to me. I am happy to meet anywhere within reason as used to driving a lot all across the south from Cornwall to Kent and up to Norfolk. The bloody ferry across from the Island is a killer though!!! £80 for a weekend return
. £50 for a day return!!!!!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sounds like a great idea to me. I am happy to meet anywhere within reason as used to driving a lot all across the south from Cornwall to Kent and up to Norfolk. The bloody ferry across from the Island is a killer though!!! £80 for a weekend return
. £50 for a day return!!!!!
Well if you manage to take delivery before/during summer '14 we'll do it!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks to Jose I have managed to post a couple of photos: Here with 20" Off Roads, With 17" winter alloys in Winter Tyre post.

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sorry not as clever as I thought!! With 20" Off Road wheels!

Reactions: ictbydesign

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Second one looks great

·
Registered
469 Posts
Agreed, but the first one should not get stranded in the snow.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Both look good cruicd. May see you round and about.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts