Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I want to upgrade my original head unit to this one. It seems not such a bad option.

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
I looked at that before choosing my 12.3" head unit from a UK supplier. Be careful when ordering from USA. The Consumer Protection Act does not apply and you may be liable for 20% import tax.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,014 Posts
I think where ever you order these from they are currently well over priced for what they are. Going to wait a while and see if they drop in price, or something better comes along. More details in this thread and alternative suppliers - Android head up display

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,014 Posts
Does your version boot up straight into the Android screen when you start the car or do you have to select AUX from the old/OEM screen? Do you know the actual manufacturer?

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
Hi, It boots to Android, but you can easily select Audi screen via any of buttons on the centre console. It came from USA, but like most ICE it was manufacture in China and rebadged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi have you had any problems with your airbag light? I was given the additional cable as 2011 Q5 has the Pass Airbag Off light on the original facia.

Not sure where this cable should be plugged in. The airbag light on the dash is now on constantly. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
"Hi have you had any problems with your airbag light?" No problems for me

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problems pre install. I'm wondering if I have a missed plugging something in somewhere.

I've seen some threads where it's mentioned that if the car was turned on while the cable was unplug it will show as disconnected and you'll just need a VAG com to reset

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
You may be right. Even with ignition off some things are still live, e.g. the air bags. Per the instructions, my battery was disconnected prior to the install.

A scan may show up a fault code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts