Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new audi q5 and a new samsung galaxy s4.

The phone appears to work with the car just fine, but if I attempt to naviage to an address specified by the contact list that gets loaded into the MMI, my q5 chokes and says it can't do it.

If I look at the address in the MMI, I can see a tiny question mark inside a box between the Street address and the City name. Obviously there is an escape character hiding there that the audi can't interpret.

This is a bit of a bummer, but hard to say which vendor is at fault. I've heard that there is a phone compatibility list available that gets updated periodically. Given the immense popularity of the Samsung S4, I am hoping this bug gets fixed soon.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have the same issue with my iPhone 5.

I can get to the contact and their address, but when you ask to navigate to that address it says it can't do it, this is despite all my contacts being downloaded to the phonebook. I end up having to put in addresses manually against the contacts and then navigate from there..... strange!

This is the message I get (excuse the dust
)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Try creating the address in the MMI and then syncing it with the phone's contact list. It seems to work for some phones. I know that's a PITA if you have hundreds of contacts in your phone. I don't bother to keep address info in my phone so I have to create them all in the MMI anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem, and have solved it (at least for me)
I am using an S4, and noticed that the MMI was quite finicky about addresses that were being passed over via Bluetooth.
Here in the USA it is common for business addresses to have a "Suite Number" or similar, I noticed that if an address contained that info MMI would refuse to accept the destination.

Now, here's the bit you might find useful :)

I manually changed the address on my S3, and resynched the address via Bluetooth. Although the "Suite Number" was removed, MMI rejected it, and I noticed that there was the weird escape character that you mentioned.

After much head-scratching, here's my theory:

Manually editing / entering an address on the s4 and synching via Bluetooth introduces the weird characters BUT editing the address on Google Contacts, synching Google Contacts to the phone and then Bluetooth synching the phone to the car seems to resolve the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know how you get on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts