Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I've searched the forums to see if there are similar discussions with no results.

Does anyone have any problems with the outer bolster of the S Line / Sport model leather/alcantara seats sagging or creasing?

I'll try and post a pic later - but our 12 plate S line plus with 13k miles has developed a pronounced fold/crease on the leather bolster. it's happening to a lesser extent on the passenger side too.

Before anyone asks - I'm a pretty average 5'10 and 13 stone - so its not an issue related to the size of my derriere!

Being the only niggle I have with the car ( love it) - I am waiting to the first service when I will register my disatisfaction with this and hopefully get it sorted.

A friend has the same interior on a Q5 a couple of months older and his seats are fine.

Anyhoo - any experience of this or how Audi have handled claims would be appreciated. The Google search on the subject which brought me to this fine forum suggests its not an uncommon issue with Audi but looks more prevalent with TT's.

Many thanks.

Murdo

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Hi Murdo,

At 36,000 miles, my S Line leather / alcantara seats look good as new. I am heavier than you.

I have not heard of any claims re Q5 seats, but I do know several who have successfully claimed re sagging leather squabs on a.n.other Audis.

Best Regards, Bob.

·
Banned
842 Posts
The question is whether anyone has a similar problem, not whether of your seats look good

Now all owners Q5 should answer: My S Line leather / alcantara seats look good as new

The question is:
What a useless and condescending first post on the forum.

Missile offered an opinion based on his experience in owning a Q5 and that he hadn't experienced any problems but suggested others have and successfully claimed under warranty.

Missile is an incredibly helpful and knowledgeable forum member, I suggest you don't come on here to patronise respected forumites.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^^^ Oh dear. A minor disagreement I hope!

Thanks for the response, looking at other Q5's I don't think its that common and I'm also confident Audi will sort it out. I'd hope the bolsters get replaced but we'll wait and see..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my driver seat leather replaced under warranty due to same problem at 3k miles. At Glasgow Audi, since I see your nearby.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had my driver seat leather replaced under warranty due to same problem at 3k miles. At Glasgow Audi, since I see your nearby.
Thats brilliant news that Glasgow have done a warranty job on this. I'll update this thread when I raise it with them and get an outcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car was in Ayr Audi for its first service last week and they have ordered a complete new seat base under warranty so I'm very pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another wee update on this thread.

Car was in Ayr Audi on Tuesday /Wednesday this week and unfortunately all is not well. The correct parts are reported to have been ordered in accord with the VIN; however the tech and quality control ( is such a thing took place) failed to notice that the replacement seat cover had black instead of silver stitching. Very disappointed - it took me a fraction of a second to notice this. Anyone can make a mistake I suppose, but I'm just really surprised they fitted this, married it back up to the seat backing - and didn't notice the difference!

Ah well, back to the drawing board! It took a good while for the parts to come in from the factory, so the same process is to be repeated. Could be a blessing though, as I'd have rejected the quality of the job. The leather on the seat base is not nearly as tight as it should be and the alcantra centre is visibly loose - I'd have the same sagging effect in no time.

Must post something positive on here soon!! Aside from this wee niggle 22k miles travelled and a really nice car, Love it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Positive outcome - even after an extended timescale due to the time for parts to be delivered from the factory ( 3 times - Audi delivered the wrong parts twice) - Ayr Audi were really good with this. They agreed that the leather cover wasn't fitted to OE standard and when the correct parts finally arrived they sent the parts to Transcal in Livingston ( any car buff from Scotland will probably be aware are a very reputable trimmer) - and all is good again. Now to get the ball bearing noise in the back fixed as per my other post!

Not having much luck with seats!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

Also had this issue, dealer agreed to change seat bolster as a good will gesture after being informed of the cost of the car & 5,000 miles!

Bloody cheek,

Being changed on next service :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts