Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject to test drive next week and some discount negotiation, will be ordering SQ5 in estoril blue with a few toys, dealer has two build spots free one in early June for July delivery and one in late July for September delivery.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Subject to test drive next week and some discount negotiation, will be ordering SQ5 in estoril blue with a few toys, dealer has two build spots free one in early June for July delivery and one in late July for September delivery.
Welcome to the board 650NM - a great choice of colour, so what spec do you have in mind?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I echo the welcome and hope you enjoy the test drive although I'm surprised that a dealer has an SQ5 around long enough to let you take a test drive.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Audi UK are supplying demo cars to dealers that they have to keep for 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good Morning Jose, i think Audi are supplying 1 demo per group and having to share, ive been told these cannot be sold until all orders are delivered some dealer groups may differ

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea, I'm going on what my dealer said, but as with the release date fiasco who knows what the reality is!

·
Registered
700 Posts
When is your car due Jose, im on week 20 build and fed up waiting now !!, i ordered at 9am on first day order books opened and still got delayed !

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Car is still at the German port, has been since 19th. He still reckons I've got a good shot of picking it up on Saturday as he's called in a favour with the UK side delivery company... He's on holiday from Sunday and really wants to hand it over in person.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spec of car so far will be estoril blue, sound pack, technology pack high, reverse camera, electric boot,privacy glass, seat memory pack with folding mirrors, heated seats in black and silver, drive select and luggage net. Can't decide if I like panoramic roof or not.
Dealer says they have 4 cars as demonstrators going on road from tomorrow, one for each dealership.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm perplexed by some of the comments here!
Firm order for an SQ5 eight weeks ago (with delivery date of 28.6.13 on Audi letterhead in my hands) but have since been repeatedly advised by both dealer and Audi UK directly that there is a production issue at the factory, so ALL SQ5 build slots are subject to delay and variation.
Consequently, ALL delivery dates will be delayed too.
If this is indeed the case, then 650NM, I suspect you might be disappointed re delivery dates if your car hasn't even been ordered yet. MerlinV8 - hope this info helps...seems like we've been facing the same issues.
As for the likelihood of discounts being available, I'm sceptical. I've spoken with five separate dealerships on the subject. Uniform reaction...wry / smug smile and a vigorous shake of the head! Allocations for the remainder of 2013 are all but gone.
However, invitations to the Audi Q launch event are coming through thick and fast. Most dealerships have preview cars arriving next week and will be in-situ (for lusting at rather than buying!) from 10th May.
Will keep you posted as to how I get on.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got 9% off mine barbyboy

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
However, invitations to the Audi Q launch event are coming through thick and fast. Most dealerships have preview cars arriving next week and will be in-situ (for lusting at rather than buying!) from 10th May.
Will keep you posted as to how I get on.
Know where you are Robert and guessing my supplying dealer is in the same Audi zone as yours - our dealers were advised by their zone manager that no SQ5s were to go out before the 10th of May - however the Audi dealer in Aberdeen shipped his SQ5s out last week, so all bets were off. My dealer let a Panther black SQ5 go out last Friday - and that was on the same boat as my SQ which I'm going to see tomorrow morning...

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Dealers have delivered SQ5s to customers, e.g. at one end of the country M25 Audi and @ the other Abz Audi. Have you asked the dealer to explain why others can achieve what they cannot? Why has he supplied one of his customer but your car is being delayed? What was the bullshit about no deliveries until May 14th. It seems this salesman is taking you for a mug.

Don't waste your time with the salesman. Make a complaint to the top man.

·
Registered
202 Posts
yes it is clear now that SQ5 can be sold to the customers now. Regarding deliveries there is no guarantee if there is a production problem then who knows. discounts are possible but probably no more than 10% but if you are inventive you can find other ways too - like i got the first two services as well for free inc. air con and brake fluid
or try online they seem to be offering better prices than dealers but you dont know delivery until you commit. Depends on your priority.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I got 9% off mine barbyboy
Sorry, should have perhaps said 'likelihood of (future) discounts' given apparent popularity and interest in the SQ...
(Did manage to get to get something off but unfortunately not as much as you achieved. Well done!
)
Key issue for many is still there: High demand v. limited supply of a great car, but clear inconsistencies as to what people are being told by dealerships as to vehicle availability, build weeks and delivery times.

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
My dealer (and others) anticipated a high demand and pre-ordered SQ5s. I suspect a.n.others may not have done and will be at the end of a very long queue.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The Glasses review predicts 500-600 in the UK per year. Not sure what they are basing this on, but these figures being present on such a reputable site will certainly fuel any rumour RE limited production.

I did ask my dealer (Poole) about this, he suggested that as they sell almost twice as many on average S/RS cars than the other UK dealers, its hard to say from his point of view, but, if they sold the SQ5 on their numbers nationally it would equate to about 1500 per year, so, maybe 600-700 per year is not a bad guess in reality. It's hard to say as my sample size of one dealer with their high S/RS figures is not going to be overly accurate!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts