Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to put in different seats in the Q.
Really like the A5 sline seats. Looks like they have smaller base, anyone know if they can be done?
What upgraded seats from Audi would work?

·
Registered
578 Posts
What seats do you have at the moment? SE seats?

I had an A5 s line before I got my Q5. The seats are very similar, the seats in the Q just seem to be higher.

I would have thought that this would be a difficult mod, there are all sorts of wires under the seats for electric lumbar, seat belt warning and air bags etc.

·
Banned
801 Posts
In Q5 exist standard seats, sports seats and S line seats

Standard

Sport

S line

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the standard all leather in a 2.0T, power with heat. Would like the Silk Nappa Leather with Alcantara as seen in the S5, would think the A5 sline would be same?. Are the Sline Q seats the same look, material, feel? I know the Q seats are bigger, but I think that would just be the base frame track system.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My seats are full leather and S-line embosed, dont look like any of these in the pictures!

·
Banned
801 Posts
For the Q5 are the following options: Fine Nappa leather, Alcantara /Fine Nappa Leather, Milano leather with sports seats or S-line

Audi A4, A5 and Q5 are made on the same platform
I think that the seat from S5 is not liable for the Q5, but that's just my opinion

·
Registered
578 Posts
S5 wouldn't be right, they are very rigid and very much like a bucket seat and they have "S5" embossed on them. A5 SLine would be fine and I would guess the seat itself is the same as the Q5 but the frame is definitely taller. Not sure if the A5 seat would fit onto the existing frame but you aren't going S-Line to S-Line so this may not be possible.

I would have thought it will be difficult to find s-line seats with electric and heat, even if you track down a breaker he will want serious cash for the interior. Also I'm pretty sure that the seats have airbags built into the sides so many at a breaker yard would be ripped?

Seems like a huge expense to me and it could impact the safety of your car as well as the onboard computer. You'd be better off trading in for a different car to be honest.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Btw DieselDoug is right, you can get all leather SLine seats which is what we have.

The standard seats give me back ache, I learned this from courtesy cars. Always gone with SLine, the package cost above SE is well worth it when you look at all the extra refinements you get.

·
Banned
801 Posts
My seats are full leather and S-line embosed, dont look like any of these in the pictures!
These are pictures from official site www.audi.de or www.audi.co.uk

·
Banned
801 Posts
I have the standard all leather in a 2.0T, power with heat. Would like the Silk Nappa Leather with Alcantara as seen in the S5, would think the A5 sline would be same?. Are the Sline Q seats the same look, material, feel? I know the Q seats are bigger, but I think that would just be the base frame track system.
Part Number seats A5 or S5 does not fit for the Q5

·
Registered
433 Posts
These are pictures from official site www.audi.de or www.audi.co.uk

That looks like the ones, heated front and rear, woman dont like the rear ends cold !!

·
Banned
801 Posts
That looks like the ones, heated front and rear, woman dont like the rear ends cold !!
There are several combinations of the S-line Seats: Fine Nappa leather, Alcantara / Fine Nappa Leather, Milano Leather, Leather and cloth......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
I have a Q5 with now seat heating .I want to install electric and heat seats .Do anyone know if all cables are ready below the seat ?

·
Banned
801 Posts
Hi
I have a Q5 with now seat heating .I want to install electric and heat seats .Do anyone know if all cables are ready below the seat ?
Cables come separately. Under seat on left side there is a connector point.
I think it's too complicated retrofitting electric seats, need to do coding......

Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you
.I have 3 connectors under the seat .I am missing the one for seat heating .But I can buy the cabel from Kufatec i Germany .I just need ti check that the BCM ( Body-controller-module ) is ready for it .Must be The "highline" version is required .

·
Banned
801 Posts
I need to change the BCM module .Do anybody know if I can change from 8K0 907 064 P to 8K0907063D (highline" version ) ?
If you have a Vag-Com (VCDS) make auto-scan and send me on PM

·
Banned
801 Posts
I need to change the BCM module .Do anybody know if I can change from 8K0 907 064 P to 8K0907063D (highline" version ) ?
I think that the replacement modules impossible

Explanation of why it is impossible, the parts are located at different places in the car

Part serial number 8K0 907 064 P replaced 01.08.2011 with 8K0 907 064 CQ

Part 8K0 907 063 D is located front the left

Part 8K0 907 064 CQ is located in the back of the right

·
Banned
801 Posts
Connectors are different

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you for the info . it is 2 BCM units in the car BCM 1 and BCM 2 .I will take the BCM from the car i buy the new seat from .Hope it will be right one

1 - 20 of 22 Posts