Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a s line plus 2.0tdi the dealer tells me it cones with sports suspension but looking at the brochure it seems to be a no cost option? Also does anyone recommend the sports suspension or should I stick with standard I am running 20" wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just ordered my second Q5 and have specified the sports suspension. My existing S-line came with the same suspension & I have no problems with it - it is the best handling of any of the six 4-wheel drive cars I've had if you like being a little bit enthusiastic at times. Both cars also have 20" wheels.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would highly recommend you test drive one with sport suspension on the roads you will use most commonly. I seriously regret the combination of 20" wheels and sports suspension on each and every pothole on the way to the station and kent backroads!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Would second this. I had a focus ST with ebiachs on and that was a firm ride. Debated about S-Line suspension on our S-Line special edition and our dealer talked us out of it. Please he did the 20 inch wheels and standard suspension is firm enough and I would say comparable to the focus. Would not spec the Q with sports suspension on 20" wheels if I had my time again the car is firm enough as standard...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agree with above.

Try and get a drive in both.

Sline on 20's and no Sline suspension.

I think its stiff enough. The magazines say that Sline suspension is over the top stiff.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I've just ordered my second Q5 and have specified the sports suspension. My existing S-line came with the same suspension & I have no problems with it - it is the best handling of any of the six 4-wheel drive cars I've had if you like being a little bit enthusiastic at times. Both cars also have 20" wheels.
Agree entirely! I'm on 20" with sports and love it. Been in lots of cars that are way more harsh than this and I travel some pretty dire roads.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Seems its very horses for courses with the answers I would strongly recommend you test drive both and make your own mind up...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Without the sports suspension I notice my car sits quite high above the wheels, sports suspension would give a better look but I can't comment on comfort/feel.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Good point, didn't realise this as there is a 20mm lowering on other models with sports suspension (A5 etc). Really glad I didn't go for it now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got the S-Line with 19" wheels and standard suspension. Handles well but my wife still complains on potholed roads. As suggested elsewhere, try both if you can. We certainly wouldn't want anything harder than this. Mind you, we're both 60+ and like a bit of comfort!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Get the ADS and 19" wheels and you'll always be happy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts