Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just signed up for some help please.

I have at the weekend 25th feb paid a deposit for a s line plus with B&O and DAB radio which the dealer has said I can have in 2 weeks. I have paid £36,000 for it and is sitting in germany ready to be shipped. I have now just seen that there is a face lift so should I have it or wait? will the price drop on what I have purchased ?

I was not fussed about it being the plus as could not care about the wheels on the B&O

JUST NEED TO DECIDE QUICK AS HAVE PAID £1500

thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Considering that some people are waiting up to 9 months for their Q5 then i would take what is available now.
I had to wait 5 months for my se and has for the facelift i dont think the prices will be affected at all as it is only when the model is replaced by a new model that you will see a decrease in the valuation on trade in.
The facelifts are usually very subtle and some would not even notice the difference so if i were you i would stay with the order you have got because you have avoided what are lengthy waiting times for a sought after spec.
Hope this helps you and just out of interest what dealer did you get the car from and WAS it a cancelled order.

Good luck
DCD

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would stick with the order since the waiting times are (were) at least 3 months. Unless you really want the possibility of a built-in internet connectivity and some minor refinements. 2 weeks is a lottery as far as I am concerned. I am still waiting for mine and my Q has been sitting at the docks in germany for 15 days...:-(

·
Registered
578 Posts
It depends upon a number of factors however I wouldn't be too put off by the upcoming facelift, as the previous posts have stated there will be very minor improvements and you'd probably be waiting 9 months for it to be released and built.

Just make sure you are getting a good deal, you should be getting 7.5% reduction in price on a brand new Q5 and my local dealer said they can currently source new orders within 2 months. Therefore I wouldn't get this unless you are getting some discount and it's really the car you want. You stated that you weren't really bothered with the B&O or wheels etc therefore perhaps take a look at a new SE which would probably be around £30k.

Your deposit is probably non-refunadable however they should be able to transfer to a new car order should you so wish.

·
Registered
147 Posts
7.5% would be awesome. I got only 5% for mine. My bargaining skills are not that great. He knew I fell in love with the car.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Kramer is spot on. I have just arranged to pick up my second one (S Line Plus) on the 12th March (wk 11), so 12 weeks from order date.

Checking the paperwork through, they have given the 7.5% discount off the list price, plus I got a cracking trade-in value for my old one, some £2.5k more than I would have realistically expected, so pretty pleased with the pricing.

We did mention the new facelifted car and whether we should have waited, but they are not expecting to see any for a good while yet, plus the discounts will not be so readily available. TBH, I do not expect major revisions, not so when they fitted the new corporate grille to the A3, just after I had got my twin grille one (2005)!!

I would take this one and swap it when the all new version comes out in 3 (ish?) years time

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Thanks

my wife has just gone down and signed the paper work so to late. car spec was £38,535 and we paid £36,000 so I think thats about 6.5 percent and I only have a 2 week wait. What is interesting though is that I just had an email from crew audi because they had priced me a used one last week. I told them that wife had paid a deposit and what she had gone for and below is his reply.

Yes we have some stock of S-line plus,

We are happy to sell one to you for whatever we needed to get a deal. So list is £36345 for a manual and +£1480 for an auto box depends which is going to suit best.

What would we need to do to sell you one for immediate delivery?

·
Registered
578 Posts
a good discount and hardly any waiting - sounds like a good deal to me. You'll love the Q5, I've owned many Audi's and it's the best car yet for all-round perfomance, running costs and practicality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts