Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me there experience of having 20 inch wheels as opposed to the 19 inch currently om my se.
Waiting delivery for a s line plus in scuba blue and i am a bit concerned about the following.

1. What is the tyre wear like is it as good as the 19 inch.
2. What are the 20 inch wheels like in the snow
3. What is the ride like is it any different.
4. What tyres come as standard on the s line plus.

DCD

·
Banned
801 Posts
Tyre wear depends on several conditions: the road, driving style, tire model...
For example Michelin has 4 models for SUV car but Latitude Sport had the shortest usable mileage

All models 255/45R20 come with the summer tire
These are the models that are built on Q5:
Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport, Goodyear Excellence, Michelin Latitude Sport, Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT, Pirelli Scorpion Verde

·
Registered
433 Posts
1- tyre wear will be how you drive as in motorway miles against rural driving, again the tyre size and profile are different so the 19" wheel will have move flex than the 20" possibly offering a softer driving experience.
2- Snow, the wider the tyre the less traction on the white stuff, but I stay in North east of Scotland and use winter tyres, Rog (member) has fitted all season I believe on his Q5.
3- ride will be down to choice, I have 20"and S-line suspension which I like, but many members have 19" and they like theirs again comfort levels and wheel choice.
4- You have no option on tyre choice, mine came with Dullers again that is 20" the 19" may have something else.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree DieselDoug,

I managed to get Pirelli scorpions on mine by speaking nicely to the sales manager in Edinburgh Audi.

The road around Edinburgh are terrible and they are hurting the tyres a lot so that is the biggest wear factor i have at the moment!

Thank you Scottish Noodle Party for telling me the roads are fine and resurfacing roads during the winter! well done!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have spec'd the 20" x 8.5J '5-double-spoke off-road' design alloy wheels with 255/45 R20
tyres.

I thought they looked nice (at least in brochure).

Any comments on these and the arch widening impact?

·
Registered
433 Posts
20 offroad alloy.JPG The arch widening is just small hard plastic to help protect the front wings and the rears is small on the bumper.
My Q5 is Daytona Grey with offroad alloys, A3 is Scuba Blue scuba blue.JPG Audi.JPG ,

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
We have the 20" off road with standard suspension my2013 car. The ride is much improved over the facelift cars, firm but does not crash over pot holes etc. I would even go so far as saying the Q5 has one of the best suspension sit-ups I have driven as body role is negligible yet ride is not over firm.

Stick with the 20" off road style they look great and are easier to clean. For interest our car came with Michelin latitudes, is this the same for all my2013 cars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts