Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just giving my wheels a wash tonight and found this. See attached pictures, offending bits have dodgy drawn red circles round them.

Definitely not caused by a stone chip, pics aren't the best but the best way to describe it is its right on the edge of the quarter panel on the wheel arch. If you look at the first picture, on the passenger side its as if there is a solid droplet of paint at that side, which incidentally seems to have a number of air bubbles in it, but at the drivers side it's as if the droplet has fallen or been taken off revealing bare metal hence why it's starting to corrode. Both pictures are taken looking up into the wheel arch.

I plan to take it to the dealer this week, I just hope that they come out with the old chestnut that it's a stone chip and of course won't be covered.

Pretty poor though that this happens within the first year!

Anyone else got this "droplet" or even corrosion on theirs?

Comments and any help appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update - went in past the AUdi bodyshop this morning, looks as if this is a factory defect so they have taken photos and will send to Audi to make a warranty claim. Here's hoping it all will be plain sailing and will be fixed accordingly!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I'd like to follow-up on your post above. How did this story end for you? Did they fixed the problem, "no question asked", or did you end up fighting for it?

I just uncovered rust "droplets in my ceiling (near the door) and my Q5 is not even 1 year old (!) so I do plan to pay a visit to my dealership. But I am wondering what is Audi's attitude in such a situation...?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts