Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got these fitted?

They are now available from Audi in the accessories brochure. Despite not being cheap, am considering these to help the kids into the car and also because they look nice. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Anyone got these fitted?

They are now available from Audi in the accessories brochure. Despite not being cheap, am considering these to help the kids into the car and also because they look nice. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this?
I haven't done this, but do remember you would have to buy the dedicated jack as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do they fit on all models? S-Line etc?

I recently saw a Q5 with these fitted, and think they don't look great, but they would help my daughter who has CP to get herself in and out the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there are lots of different aftermarket varieties available.

I enquired with the main dealer and he has come back and said they are officially incompatible with a panoramic roof - which I have.

No idea why but I want them for my kids too.

·
Banned
801 Posts
there are lots of different aftermarket varieties available.

I enquired with the main dealer and he has come back and said they are officially incompatible with a panoramic roof - which I have.

No idea why but I want them for my kids too.
I may be wrong but check once again. Electronic catalog spare parts says otherwise, depends on the model you have. There are versions: without / with sunroof
8R0-071-065 / 3FU - left , 8R0-071-066 / 3FU - right

I found reason when it is impossible to install:
- A fitting the running boards for the following engine types not available when the vehicle is fitted simultaneously with both coupling device and the panoramic glass roof: 2.0 l TDI ML311-6F (105kW) 2.0-liter TDI with SCR DL501-7Q (130 kW) and 3.0 L BiTDI DL 501-7Q (230 kW)
Only on these models cannot be installed in combination with the sunroof. No explanation why

At other models engine TDI 105 kW and 130 kW can be installed

·
Registered
422 Posts
The above comment is as ever Billy B/S
Sticks and Stones
Sorry to put this here but I thought this was an Q5 UK Forum and not just about availability in the middle east.
People converse here from many parts of the world about the Q5 not slagging people off

·
Banned
801 Posts
DHL does not deliver the medicine to the patient,

Patient writes nonsense and now started with racism, it may have something to do with H.......because of his hatred towards the other

Proposal of make yourself a forum that can register and log only those who have a UK IP address

·
Registered
422 Posts
We do have a Big chip on your shoulder dont we.
I am married to an Iran."racism' Blah Blah more like.
Hot Air from you as normal.
This is a UK Q5 Forum [Google it] with People from other Countries who converse about Q5 and Judging from the amount of PM I have received condoning you thier feed up with you.
You should either Man Up or Ship Off.
Waiting now for Apology number 4

Sorry to air my views here but the above has blocked me after I asked him to communicate with me by PM and not like this on here [Q5 FORUM]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the fighting guys but it doesn't help me to determine why I can't fit running boards.

What does it mean, running boards not suitable for cars with coupling and pan roof? What's coupling?

Can I just ave it done myself aftermarket?

·
Banned
801 Posts
Thanks for the fighting guys but it doesn't help me to determine why I can't fit running boards.

What does it mean, running boards not suitable for cars with coupling and pan roof? What's coupling?

Can I just ave it done myself aftermarket?
I apologize, it's an error in translation.
A fitting the running boards for the following engine types not available when the vehicle is fitted simultaneously with both towing hitch and the panoramic glass roof: 2.0 l TDI ML311-6F (105kW) 2.0-liter TDI with SCR DL501-7Q (130 kW) and 3.0 L BiTDI DL 501-7Q (230 kW)
This is from the official website audi.de
Ein Verbau der Trittbretter ist für folgende Motorisierungen nicht möglich, wenn das Fahrzeug gleichzeitig sowohl mit Anhängevorrichtung als auch Panorama-Glasdach ausgestattet ist: 2,0l TDI ML311-6F (105kW), 2,0l TDI mit SCR DL501-7Q (130 kW) und 3,0l BiTDI DL 501-7Q (230 kW)
No explanation of why it is impossible to install on these models

Probably you can install an aftermarket running boards, but be careful, because there's a reason why Audi does not allow the installation in these models
Good luck

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Adam,

how about contacting your local Audi dealership and speak to the service guys about it.

It can save on silly updates here!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi Adam,

Yes go to your dealer Best source of Information with something like this.

People can be prone to giving bad advise as they dont understand the question fully and it may be most countries are different with option accessories ect.

Please come back and confirm your findings.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys, it was my dealer who refused to do it because if the pan roof.

I do not have a towing hook, does that mean there's a chance I can convince them?

·
Banned
801 Posts
Guys, it was my dealer who refused to do it because if the pan roof.

I do not have a towing hook, does that mean there's a chance I can convince them?
Ask dealers explanation of why it can not.

Which is your model Q5 / engine and gearbox ?

·
Banned
801 Posts
You're too nervous when you see my post, then you write just nonsense

Buy goggles have a problem with the eyes

Hi Adam,

Yes go to your dealer Best source of Information with something like this.

People can be prone to giving bad advise as they dont understand the question fully and it may be most countries are different with option accessories ect.

Please come back and confirm your findings.
Like this - do it yourself

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd like to understand the rationale for not being able to have these fitted. Mines has the Pan SR and FF towbar, so if anyone else is in the same boat and finds out, let me know.

Cheers
Grant

·
Registered
138 Posts
I called my local dealer, and he advised me that as I have a Pan roof and FF towbar, the addition of side boards\rails, would take it over the maximum weight for the car, and as such they wouldn't entertain fitting them.

According to him they are £900 alone for the parts!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
that sounds very strange Grant, you sure hes not taking the p--s , in 2009 i had a Q5 3ltr tdi including ff towbar and running boards and pan roof, what happens then when you fully load your car with 5 people and a full set of bags, including the full roof box, does that mean you can not go on holiday !! Thinks it sounds to me hes talking crap, Audi would never sell them if that was the case

·
Registered
138 Posts
It did sound a bit fishy, but who am I to argue.

UPDATE: Nuggets!!!

Just off the phone to another Audi dealer and they confirm that the can be fitted to the 3.0TDI, it's only the 3.2 (Petrol) that they can't be fitted to.

I can get them from him for about 350 per side, and £50 for the jack which is required to use with them

1 - 20 of 37 Posts