Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a q5 s-line 2.0 tfsi. There is no spare tyre in the car but I do have a gel tyre puncture repair thingy in the boot. The Tyres are 235 55 r19. Are they run flats? Have been trying to find out info on Internet but I can't find the tyre size. Please help!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a q5 s-line 2.0 tfsi. There is no spare tyre in the car but I do have a gel tyre puncture repair thingy in the boot. The Tyres are 235 55 r19. Are they run flats? Have been trying to find out info on Internet but I can't find the tyre size. Please help!
Hi & welcome to the forum

No they are not run-flat tyres, otherwise they wouldn't have supplied the puncture repair kit.

The car comes standard with this repair kit, unless you tick the option for the (Collapsible spare wheel) which then supply you with a space saving spare wheel in the boot. This option is about ?120 in the UK but cost above ?500 if you ask for it later on!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Do I have to get an audi space saving wheel or could I get one from somewhere else?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Do I have to get an audi space saving wheel or could I get one from somewhere else?
The way i see it you could
1-leave it as it is with the repair kit
2-Order a collapsible wheel from Audi
3-replace the tyres with ROF tyres now Or later when you need to

as for getting another one from somewhere else, that needs some searching; but can't tell for sure.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hi Linda,

The only other thing you need to do is to make sure that the Gel repair stuff has not past it's expiry date :!:

·
Registered
130 Posts
3-replace the tyres with ROF tyres now Or later when you need to
I believe you should only do this if your vehicle has tyre pressure monitoring, in fact it might be a safety regulation- if you don't have it and puncture a runflat, you won't know about it until it has a catastrophic failiure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts