Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the lengthening order/delivery dates that members of this forum are unfortunately discovering, due for the most part to demand (and it seems possible short-term individual supply issues with certain components) - and I accept that it's not only for SQ5's variants; do members believe that the SQ5 has had the anticipated halo effect on the Q5 range as a whole, or is this a normal occurrence in Audi world?

If the SQ5 is generating strong demand (and it seems fleet orders are also an influence), do you think that Audi will build an RS Q5 (400bhp diesel or the like?) in the same way that they are offering an RS Q3?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I thought Audi's long term plan was to bring in models between Q3, Q5 & Q7 that were supposed to be the 'sport' models... can't see how that will work either tbh...

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm not so sure they will. You'll be nudging £65k for a specced up RSQ5 and I think that is to much. Also, it would likely be petrol, with c400bhp from the supercharged v6.... that's a 20mpg car.
I think the SQ5 has worked because it appeals to blokes as a daily family car, and (as in my case), i get to have my cake and eat it by getting a car for the wife that fulfills all roles, family wagon, sporty looking, fast, sounds good and the clincher - economical.
I think you're more likely to see Audi attempt a series of diesel 'S' cars over the next few years.
I looked at an S4 to replace my TT and couldn't justify the MPG... had one for an afternoon and even on a well behaved gentle run it was 23mpg... Now a BiTdi S4 doing 35mpg with similar performance and that clever exhaust... it would have been a tempting proposition.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Orders are actually down on last year (over 100k last year sold at the 6month mark).
Audi seem to like to limit builds and create lines of people - in a belief this reduces discounts

The forums certainly not seeing an influx of members buying Q5s (any trim level), but given the demographics of most buyers that might explain why.

I've not heard of plans for an RS model of the Q5, could happen as a runout like they did with the A3.
Can't believe it would be a diesel and Audi don't have any performance Diesel engine to just drop into it, so I'd have to guess it would be the same engine used in the 4/5 since they share the basic platform.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Could use a (more) tuned version of the petrol going into the SQ5 USDM I guess?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It wouldn't be enough of a jump 50-75bhp, I'm guessing Audi would need over 400bhp to think about doing it while have a good safety factor to make sure warranty doesn't become an issue.

Nothing is listed that's for sure.
But never say never. Maybe they will review what happens with the Q3 and then take a look,

·
Registered
85 Posts
No an RSQ5 is getting too expensive to justify for the Q5. An SQ5 is £50k properly spec'd - that's not far away from RS4 money as it is. And if you do really want to go faster buy an RS4

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
to be honest with you though, the numbers for the RSQ3 aren't even that impressive - 310PS (compared to SQ5s 313PS) and 0-60 5.5s (SQ5 5.1s) and fuel consumption sheds a tear at sub-30mpg for the RSQ3. I heard it might even be a little more pricey

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't think Audi will offer a RS Q5. Mainly because it would get to close to the new top level family member, Porsche Macan.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If I remember the Sepang blue SQ3 at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago had a basic price of £44k with options it was something like £48k with the Alcantara / leather seats and sat nav. Alpina have just launched their the XD3 with 350 bhp and 700Nm and a 0-100Kph time of 4.9 sec, slightly quicker than our beloved SQ5's - link to price list and brochure http://www.bmwalpina.co.uk/?4698 so I guess Audi will look at its success

·
Registered
325 Posts
If I remember the Sepang blue SQ3 at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago had a basic price of £44k with options it was something like £48k with the Alcantara / leather seats and sat nav. Alpina have just launched their the XD3 with 350 bhp and 700Nm and a 0-100Kph time of 4.9 sec, slightly quicker than our beloved SQ5's - link to price list and brochure http://www.bmwalpina.co.uk/?4698 so I guess Audi will look at its success
£55k before options... that's a £60k car with little effort... makes the SQ5 almost nseem good value... didn't expect to be typing that.

Interestingly it comes Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres - I didn't realise they were rated for use on something ilke an SUV...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I really didn't rate the X3 35d that this is based on so they will have to have made some significant improvements to impress me at that price!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think if Audi *were* to release an RSQ5 this generation, they'd likely stick a 4.0T TFSI motor in it.

That would be HEAVENLY IMO.

Sadly, not likely to happen though.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Coming from X5 Bimmer, we were forced by the sellers at bmw to check out the X3 35d as soon as we mentioned SQ5. That x3 did not look good! EHH! If Alpina did an XD5 then there we go something interesting..but XD3 i think everyone should back away!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats an enthusiasts car not a family man like the SQ5. You sure are paying for exclusivity there, wont see another one all year and then some. Like its been said it makes the SQ seem very reasonable and I am a BMW fan

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats an enthusiasts car not a family man like the SQ5. You sure are paying for exclusivity there, wont see another one all year and then some. Like its been said it makes the SQ seem very reasonable and I am a BMW fan
After thought..... Buy one of them and it would be a very lonely forum :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Porsche have the higher performance slot reserved for a Macan S / GTS which will use the next generation Q5 Chassis.
So no RSQ5.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was told that they would be making a special edition sq5 but that's for the North American market I'm not to sure about the uk. This is according to one of the sales guys at the audi I work at.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts