Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm still glad I traded in my 6spd auto Evoque for my Q5. I do however miss the heated steering wheel and the heated windscreen (which even the Yeti has). Thanks for sharing the article.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Interesting read; still got 36.4mpg which is pretty crap from a 2lt petrol engine, and 0-60 in 7.6s, isn't that the same as Q5 2.0 TFSI?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks. The Evoque does handle really well, way better than an SQ5 in fact. However I'm happy to trade the handling finesse for something which isn't about to fall apart or is equipped with a Satnav from a very cheap Christmas cracker....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Thats a steep starting price, SQ5 territory

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You know what i never realised how expensive the RR Evoque is! £47k??? What??

·
Registered
768 Posts
The price of the Evoque fairly rises with the options. I paid £43k in 2011 for the Prestige model (spare wheel, inside trim etc all cost quite a bit .... Similar to Audi these days).

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
No where near sq performance or economy, 4 similar £, stick with Audi 4 better residues aswell 😄

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another magazine has top 50 SUVs all reviewed, Q5 came 23rd.
Lots of traveling, what can i say - HongKong next week... you can only watch the same movies on the plane so many time..!

·
Registered
433 Posts
It disconnects the rear axle at 22 mph!! Not good if you start sliding about but is back in around 300 milliseconds that's all fair when it working but we all know these things can fail. It doesn't say it will fail safe back to 4x4 mode.
Still don't want one, best land rovers ever built were the series ones, made for working.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It disconnects the rear axle at 22 mph!! Not good if you start sliding about but is back in around 300 milliseconds that's all fair when it working but we all know these things can fail. It doesn't say it will fail safe back to 4x4 mode.
Still don't want one, best land rovers ever built were the series ones, made for working.
I also found this odd considering the rear e-diff. If the rear drive is disconnected how can it send power to the outside rear wheel!? And if it re-connects in 300ms for the purpose of cornering this is also an age - you would already be around the corner!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Snowman same here, off to Hong kong tomorrow for another weeks business, and i have a bad feeling my car arrives this week. sorry kids looks like you gotta wait till i'm back ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts