Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Q5 came with roof rail bars and a bag which I took out of the car 3 years back and stuck up on the rafters in the garage where they remain today. The new car has come with another set of the same things. Do these things have any value i.e. can I sell them / would anyone want to buy them? If they come with every car then every owner must already have a set so why would there be anyone out there wanting to buy another set?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know I'm talking to myself now but a quick trip to eBay shows these thing up for sale from £50 to £200. Of course that's what's being asked for, the question is - is anybody buying?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Every Q5 comes with a set. Few of us seem to use them, e.g, did you ever use yours? Only a second owner who was unlucky enough to purchase a vehicle where owner had kept those bars might be interested.

I honestly can't see there being much demand.

I don't see anyone bidding for those on eBay. You could watch those auctions to see if they do sell & how much for.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Looking at completed listings, most do not sell. You get the odd ones that do sell for between £30 and £50 plus postage but most that do sell go for less than that. I see one sold for £3.70 including free postage. Would have cost him more than that to post them!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Golfer

I'd be interested in the storage bag, I got the rails with my second hand Q5, but the bag was missing.

Would you be willing to let the bag go on its own?

Cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Golfer

I'd be interested in the storage bag, I got the rails with my second hand Q5, but the bag was missing.

Would you be willing to let the bag go on its own?

Cheers
Thanks but I think I'll stand a better chance selling it as a package.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts