Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still in a mode of indecision about whether the Q5 has enough storage space for carting around 2 young kids plus all the equipment that goes with it. I even test drove a Q7 - plenty of space there, but frightened at the running costs and it didn't drive like the Q5 naturally enough....that extra 500kg!

So...any of you encounter similar issues and resolve it using roofboxes- comments welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
How often do you run out of space?

Every now and then for holidays then rent a roof box or if more often / economical buy one, certainly cheaper than the Q7 option

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my take - it's trips away when it seems everything bar kitchen sink is needed..

You're right - I would think 2/3 times a year - but right now have 525d Touring and it takes everything...so just looking to what I could fit in compared to that and the frequency of filling up.

Most days it's just me in the car driving to work - but when the family go out, it seems like we're roadies from U2 with the amount of fear we're lugging!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Devisaudi, yes funny one that, although we only have one 3 year old child i still would rather install a roof box than ram up the back seats of the car with junk !! , as soon as we arrive at our holiday destination i remove box and store it in cottage, under caravan etc out of way, Its a Thule Sprint in anthracite so looks good on the car too, as you say there is quite a lot of room in the Q5 but when you have trikes, scooters suitcases etc it soon fills it up,
i will try and dig out some pics

All the best Merlin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts