Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must admit I thought I posted a thread on here but can't find it.

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a roof box and like the look of the Thule Ranger model, a soft box/rigid bag depending on how you look at it, that comes in a 300l or 340l size. My main reasons for choosing this model over a more conventional rigid box is storage when not in use as I don't have a garage.

So, does anyone have any advice or know if one of these will fit the Audi supplied roof bars? Do I need to buy additional bars/fixings? Should I consider anther solution?

Thanks.
Swainey

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Must admit I thought I posted a thread on here but can't find it.

Anyhow, I'm in the market for a roof box and like the look of the Thule Ranger model, a soft box/rigid bag depending on how you look at it, that comes in a 300l or 340l size. My main reasons for choosing this model over a more conventional rigid box is storage when not in use as I don't have a garage.

So, does anyone have any advice or know if one of these will fit the Audi supplied roof bars? Do I need to buy additional bars/fixings? Should I consider anther solution?

Thanks.
Swainey
Hi Swainey,

The Audi roof bars are pretty much thule bars,the T-type fitting thule use slips straight into the bars. As for the roof boxes I dont know only use cycle carriers.

Rich

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a thule altlantis box (340ltr) fitted with thules t-bar fitting kit to the std roof bars. Not familiar with the box you described but the fitting is perfectly standard so I would bet anything you'll be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts