Audi Q5 Forum banner

Roof box

34622 Views 35 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Robbie
Anyone got one

And can you fit it on your own without damaging the car
See less See more
1 - 4 of 36 Posts
I think you just need to check that the box fittings are compatible with the Audi bars.

The OEM boxes have feet (for want of a better word) that locate into the slots running down the length of the OEM bars. If you get a non-OEM box, say a Thule, just need to check that the clamps will go around the bars properly. I think you can use non-OEM bars, but these won't trigger the stability control adjustments.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Thule make the Audi bars anyway, so there is bound to be a Thule compatible box.

Let us know how you get on
See less See more
I just bought this one for mine and it was real easy to fit on the car.

Adi
Adi - out of interest, does that one clamp around the bars or locate into the slots?
Is there another way of fixing a box onto the bars then?
Yes - difficult to describe but rather than clamps that go around the bars, you get square section "feet" which slide into the channels that run along the length of the bars. My bike racks do this too. Gawd, does that make sense?
Hi Josh,
The Q5 bars are almost the same as the thule T bar.
Pretty certain they are made by Thule to be honest. Nice touch is that you can lock the covers into the groove guides so they are quite secure.
1 - 4 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.