Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed recently that when I corner round anything sharper than a gentle bend I get the sound of something like a nut or screw or trapped in a channel/on a shelf that rolls from one side of the car to the other as the momentum changes - pretty annoying! I know things echo round the cabin somewhat but I'm almost certain it's in the dashboard somewhere - on the drivers side.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced that, or if anyone has had chunks of the dashboard off whether there is an obvious area this could happen?

Appreciate your help. Thanks

·
Registered
953 Posts
Try getting somebody to travel with you that can listen around the dash area while you are driving. Have you checked the glove box and/or the centre cubby section or your door storage pockets ? Another area to check is the section in front of the windscreen - lift the bonnet and you will see a square 'hatch' on either side of the car in front of the window wipers. Open these covers and have a look in there as the channel goes across the width of the car. Another area could be the cover above the brake pedal. If a screw was dropped onto this 'tray' during assembly it could roll around for years lol. Or do what I have done in the past, when it is safe to do so, slam your brakes on hard - it may dislodge the culprit !! Best of luck

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!. I didn't know about the hatches and brake pedal tray. I'll give the old emergency stop a try first!

Reactions: Justanhonestman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts