Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if I have the correct reversible floor mat for the boot area? I included this with the Q5 order, but what has been supplied is too narrow. It is 35" wide and the load area is 41" There is a paper label on it with Q5 and a part no. but it looks as if it is for an A4 Avant. My local Audi dealer has not been helpful. Would appreciate any information anyone can give me.

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I have the correct reversible floor mat for the boot area? I included this with the Q5 order, but what has been supplied is too narrow. It is 35" wide and the load area is 41" There is a paper label on it with Q5 and a part no. but it looks as if it is for an A4 Avant. My local Audi dealer has not been helpful. Would appreciate any information anyone can give me.
not sure if they have supplied you one for a car fitted with the loading bars in,if you could post the part no. may help.
cheers

Rich

·
Registered
963 Posts
Have a feeling the one I got is also quite narrow. Will check it out tomorrow and report back

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Thanks, Rich, the Tl no.is 8RO 862 559.
Jim.
Hi Jim,
Have looked in brouchure's and searched online and that number does'nt match any of the cargo mats,unless im missing something.even the latest october brochure doesnt have that code in it.Hopefully Josh may have some different info once he has checked his.we have the rigid liner and fits a treat

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Rich,
Many thanks for the rapid reply,
I have copied out below the full information which is on the sticky label:

"Audi Q5 Wendematte
Tl. Nr. 8R0 862 559
Fb.: 9AM
Herstelldatum:24.09.2010 (01 S)
Zeichnungsdatum: 13.03.2008
Generationsstand: 01 S
Herstellercode: HGZ GER"

The order code in the May 2010 brochure is 6SJ at ?80.

Hopefully this will mean something to one of our members. I take your point about the load bars; if Audi produces two load mats to cover load bars or no load bars then I quess I have the wrong ones. I hope it is that simple.

With much appreciation for your help,
Jim.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Mine is the full width of the boot - no load bars specced.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have the same one as Newhall (Jim)! Too narrow and no load bars on mine!!!!

If someone has got a proper one can they post the part number please?

That way we will have a chance of getting the correct one supplied

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is the full width of the boot - no load bars specced.
nsm3,
Many thanks for that. It is just the info I need to convince my dealer that he should take action. As Josh says, a part no. would be invaluable. Can I ask you, please, to have a look on the rubber side of your mat and, if the sticky label is still there, post the information on it?
Jim.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've contacted my Dealer about this and awaiting a reply

·
Registered
279 Posts
nsm3,
Many thanks for that. It is just the info I need to convince my dealer that he should take action. As Josh says, a part no. would be invaluable. Can I ask you, please, to have a look on the rubber side of your mat and, if the sticky label is still there, post the information on it?
Jim.
Sorry Newhall - I have misled you I am afraid !

The liner is the full "depth" of the boot (from seats to tailgate) but in terms of width, it is only as wide as the part of the boot section that lifts up - there is a 2"+ gap at the sides, between the mat and the walls of the car?

Apologies for any confusion.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, that is the Audi Reversible Load Mat - has a flap down section that drops over the rear bumper, saves scratches when loading the dog (or anything else for that matter?).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guys - any pics at all?
I am coming to the conclusion that only the narrow mat is available in order to leave the chrome securing loops clear - pity, because it is not so useful for carrying loads to the tip. Will still press my dealer for clarification.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am coming to the conclusion that only the narrow mat is available in order to leave the chrome securing loops clear - pity, because it is not so useful for carrying loads to the tip. Will still press my dealer for clarification.
My Audi dealer's Parts Dept. has now confirmed that there is only one width of reversible load floor mat - one which leaves a 16cm gap down each side to clear the load restraint tie downs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Audi dealer's Parts Dept. has now confirmed that there is only one width of reversible load floor mat - one which leaves a 16cm gap down each side to clear the load restraint tie downs.
Correction - 8cm gap down each side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts