Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Q5 - my first Audi - that I think is just fantastic and I enjoy it a lot!

When I first bought the car I could have sworn that the dealer told me there was a way to restrict access to the trunk - I just cant remember how! I think it had to do with the spare key that is provided in my owner materials. It was intended to hand to the valet and they would be able to operate the car without having access to the decklid. However, I have been unable to replicate this because once in the car, the button on the driver's side door will always open the decklid. I have also read through my owner's manual to no avail.

Is there a way to restrict access to the items in my trunk?

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Would you not wish to have your trunk valeted? Why not simply remove any items of value?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Even if the trunk could be isolated anyone can just flip the seat backs down from within the car and gain access to the contents that way.

What your dealer may of been refering to is that you can stop the external trunk button working when you unlock the car via a setting in the MMI.

As Missle said, why not just remove anything of value?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is this valet wash, or valet parking?

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'm assuming the OP is an American and he is referring to Valet parking.

Once someone has the keys to your car I'd be more bothered about them driving it like a lunatic than nicking my spare wheel!

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm assuming the OP is an American and he is referring to Valet parking.

Once someone has the keys to your car I'd be more bothered about them driving it like a lunatic than nicking my spare wheel!
If you have an SQ5 they'd be hard pushed to nick your spare wheel lol

·
Banned
842 Posts
Maybe they have a fetish for expanding foam???

·
Registered
1 Posts
JimBeam, I also had the same question but havent made it anywhere. Doesnt seem like you've received any constructive help either.

I'm moving and have stuff I want to keep in the trunk of my q5 and not lug in and out of the lobby of the hotel to my room everytime I check in (xbox console, computer monitor, computer tower, extra clothing, etc). Im staying at some upscale hotels that sometimes dont allow self parking and use valet only. Should be able to trust the valet but they always say that they have no liability for stolen items.

If anyone could provide actual information on how to restrict valet access to the trunk, it would be appreciated.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
As Steppy has said, there is no point as if you have cabin access you can drop the rear seats to get in the boot/trunk.
Restricted boot/trunk access would only be worth it if it was a saloon/sedan.

(Why are so many car related words different across the pond!?)

Reactions: Steppy

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
WOW - cracking photo! Jealous of the photographer!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bottom line is that any SUV or Estate type car is the wrong model for type of use required, as once any door is open, one has the run of the whole thing. A saloon or sedan, as Jose says is the only option.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts