Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

just thought id share.

its been annoying me for the past month(since taking delivery of my Q5) that the fog lamp bulbs do not match the colour of the rest of the lights on the front of the car.

now don't get me wrong I'm not one of those guys that drive around with my fogs on permenantly in fact as i type I'm not even sure how to switch them on. however i do see them every time i lock and unlock the car..

after lots of reading around the various audi forums I've ordered some of these..

Hoen Xenonmatch H11's http://www.hoen-usa.com/fog.htm as apparently they are almost perfect without having to do a HID conversion. (see attached Hoen on the left, Stock on the right!)

and also found a neat 5 min guide on how to fit them.. http://audienthusiasts.com/Project_Drivinglight.html

Anywhos.. ill post my own picture when i get them but as i say i wanted to share..

Cheers

Andy..

Attachments

·
Banned
842 Posts
I've got mine in the boot waiting to be fitted. Ordered them from xenonshop.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bugger there was a uk supplier??? I'm still waiting for mine :s

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn it men.... My "to do" list grows every time I'm on here...

·
Registered
550 Posts
There are loads of cheap H11 xenon match type bulbs on ebay, some for as little as a fiver! Would I be silly to buy some? Can they be that different to the more expensive ones? In case you hadn't noticed, i'm utterly clueless when it comes to bulbs! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The xenon match hoens are pretty much near perfect! Just get your order in

·
Registered
64 Posts
There are loads of cheap H11 xenon match type bulbs on ebay, some for as little as a fiver! Would I be silly to buy some? Can they be that different to the more expensive ones? In case you hadn't noticed, i'm utterly clueless when it comes to bulbs! :)
Be careful, operating temperature is the crucial thing with these bulbs. The Hoen and xenon match are tried and tested. The last thing you'd want to do is melt your loom by installing cheapies that may have a tendency to run hot.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Be careful, operating temperature is the crucial thing with these bulbs. The Hoen and xenon match are tried and tested. The last thing you'd want to do is melt your loom by installing cheapies that may have a tendency to run hot.
Good advice, thanks. Not worth running the risk then. I'll just order ones that have been tried and tested so I don't run the risk of potentially expensive damage. Cheers Spike.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great find!

I ordered some and replaced them. Looks very nice!

One thing, though.
and also found a neat 5 min guide on how to fit them.. http://audienthusias...ivinglight.html
The "howto" guide is not correct, at least for MY 2012 s-line. You should instead pull off the plastic panels in the front where the foglitghts are located. This is also stated in the Owners manual. This actually makes the whole replacement much easier. You still need the T-25 screwdriver for unscrewing the bulb department.

Thanks for the research on this. The yellow fog lights just does not justify the LED's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great find!

I ordered some and replaced them. Looks very nice!

One thing, though.

The "howto" guide is not correct, at least for MY 2012 s-line. You should instead pull off the plastic panels in the front where the foglitghts are located. This is also stated in the Owners manual. This actually makes the whole replacement much easier. You still need the T-25 screwdriver for unscrewing the bulb department.

Thanks for the research on this. The yellow fog lights just does not justify the LED's.
you can indeed do this instead and 'go in from the front!' however theres much less chance of breaking any clips (and a dam site quicker) if you 'go at it from the rear!'

either way works

·
Banned
842 Posts
you can indeed do this instead and 'go in from the front!' however theres much less chance of breaking any clips (and a dam site quicker) if you 'go at it from the rear!'

either way works
Correct, this is what I did - I didn't want to run the risk of breaking any tabs on the fog light surrounds, 5 minute job tops from the back of the wheel arch. I'd remove all three torx screws though...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Correct, this is what I did - I didn't want to run the risk of breaking any tabs on the fog light surrounds, 5 minute job tops from the back of the wheel arch. I'd remove all three torx screws though...
yup what he says !! all 3x torx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi,

Have finally got around to doing this upgrade - very happy and relatively quick modification to do. Worked out about £30 quid with the current exchange rate from the US.

Have attached pictures:

This side has the stock fog bulb in:

IMG_0700.jpg

This side has hoen xenon match bulb in:

IMG_0699.jpg

All good, and looks so much better as coming and leaving home lights!

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just been reading this thread with interest for the same reasons as you, i dont like the standard fogs

Questions

Can you still get these bulbs and are they the same for the facelift model?

Can someone post a link to the best supplier

Can the fogs be made to act as cornering lights on the S line Plus if you have access to the Audi computer?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 65 Posts