Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded their interior bulbs to LED's without getting errors? If so what bulbs did you use and where did you source them? Same for the number plate bulbs. Have found these but they seem a tad pricey: Linky Anyone bought these?

Same for the front fogs. I'd like to get a whiter bulb to match the Xenon's. Anyone done this? I think the bulbs are H11 and I've found a decent replacement guide here

·
Registered
37 Posts
dome map - use 36 mm bulb can bus
rest of the bulbs, T10 bulbs, can bus
license plate bulbs- 36mm can bus bulbs

You can get them on ebay, try to buy from best seller and from same seller so you get same color bulbs. best option 6000k color.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you changed yours? If so, do you have any pics?

·
Banned
801 Posts
Has anyone upgraded their interior bulbs to LED's without getting errors? If so what bulbs did you use and where did you source them? Same for the number plate bulbs. Have found these but they seem a tad pricey: Linky Anyone bought these?

Same for the front fogs. I'd like to get a whiter bulb to match the Xenon's. Anyone done this? I think the bulbs are H11 and I've found a decent replacement guide here
This is guidance for the Audi A4 is not the Q5.
Replacement for Q5 is the easiest way forward off the black mask on the withdrawal and then the bulb can be replaced

·
Registered
18 Posts

I tried the Sylvania silerstars and they are just a BIT less yellow then the stocks...

I've ordered the xenonmatch H11's from hoen-usa.com after seeing pics andit matches very well !

will post my own pics once I replace...

I too am interested in replacing all interior and exterior bulbs with led's.... please post what you find !

on edit - ordered all but foot well lites from this ebay seller - http://stores.ebay.com/kaizenmotor/_i.html?_nkw=audi+Q5&submit=Search&_sid=675409266

will let u know what I find with before and after pics...

and I will have to bend over to see what that foot well lite is

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the hoen fogs in and they are a VERY close match to the xenon headlights on my 2011 Q5.

the attached pic shows the stock passenger side versus the hoen driver side shining on my garage door rail...

notice how yellow the stock light is compared to the new hoen's

RE the ebay purchased interior lights....
fighting with the seller now as he knew the 2011 design changed from the previous years,
but yet he chose not to tell me in the many emails where I asked about fitment....

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are the front fog lights H7 or H11? Because in my manual it says H7 but i read on the forum its H11……..I tried to take the fog light surrounds off following the instructions in the manual to look at the bulbs but it wouldn't budge! Did you get it off like they showed in the manual?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts