Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a q5 2012 143bhp. My other cars have been 170 bhp. I am considering having the Ecu remapped to give me 177 bhp. Has anyone else done this? Any advice appreciated

·
Banned
842 Posts
Are Awesome back with Revo now or using APR still?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are still using APR. They map they put on my Q5 I think was there own diseal map. So far on the drive home it feels how it should have felt out the factory. The turbo lag has almost disappeared and it feels smoother to drive. I m happy with it, but it will take 100 miles or so for the car to get used to the map.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea mines a 2009 and the ecu had to come out as diesels ecu's are normally encrypted all in all it took around 3 hours to do. Ppl with a SQ5 won't need to remap theirs as they have ample power. I just couldn't afford to buy a SQ5, maybe one day. I have had most cars I owned remapped and never had any issues with them.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Hi Geof,

Yes my SQ5 has more than enough power for me, I was just interested to hear how difficult it was for you.

It seems Awesom GTI did a pretty "awesome" job for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi - has anyone had a remap at an audi dealer to stay under warranty? I am sure I've heard of people doing this on other models?

I have a 2014 177 diesel and would love a little extra push.

Chees

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi - has anyone had a remap at an audi dealer to stay under warranty? I am sure I've heard of people doing this on other models?

I have a 2014 177 diesel and would love a little extra push.

Chees
I didn't think you could get it done via the dealer, the 3rd party approaches involve opening the ECU and that puts one in a very doubtful position for warranty.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So do Audi in Europe support ABT and provide warranty?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
It all seems to be moving all the time, ABT was a dealer option in EU (not checked for about 12 months)
In the US the dealer ramps have now been pulled too.

If the remapper is warranting the car (as was the case in the US) you have to hope the agreement is solid and they just don't up sticks and change their minds. Audi have started to increase ECU security with patches to avoid port flashes,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts