Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new crossover vehicle and have been impressed by Audi's 2011 Q5. It gets reviews that are #1 in it's class based on look, performance, finish, etc. I've test driven one and I'd have to agree that its a great vehicle. However, I'm hesitant on purchasing it because of Audi's reliability track record. I drive a Toyota Sequoia and a Nissan Maxima and haven't had any issues with either vehicles. I really don't want to purchase something that I'm going to be bringing in every couple of months to have work done on it. Especially when I'm paying $40K+ for it. I've heard a lot of negatives out there regarding reliability. Are there any positives out there?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Granted it's not an Q5 but I've owned my current A3 from new since 2008 and it's not missed a beat. Everything still works and the interior has worn extremely well. It looks the same as the day I collected it. Two friends also run Audi's and neither have reported any reliability issues over 3/4 years of ownership.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been looking for a new crossover vehicle and have been impressed by Audi's 2011 Q5. It gets reviews that are #1 in it's class based on look, performance, finish, etc. I've test driven one and I'd have to agree that its a great vehicle. However, I'm hesitant on purchasing it because of Audi's reliability track record. I drive a Toyota Sequoia and a Nissan Maxima and haven't had any issues with either vehicles. I really don't want to purchase something that I'm going to be bringing in every couple of months to have work done on it. Especially when I'm paying $40K+ for it. I've heard a lot of negatives out there regarding reliability. Are there any positives out there?
I have owned several Audi`s and all have been great, just a normal service is the only time I had seen the garage.

Also Owned Porsche Mercedes and BMW and without doubt the Audi is the best consructed and reliable cars I have owned.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On my 8th Audi now, no problems (except a couple of recalls) but have never broken down and very happy

I have owned by Q5 for 2 years now and it has been hassle free, had a bit of trim that fell off after my little ones stood on the back of the passanger seat to get in the back, and a broken MMI joystick (when my wife threw her bag on the centre console) going in for its 2 year service next week for a standard oil change, cannot praise the car enough, always reliable, never missed a beat to be honest.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Q5's reliability took a great hit due to
1- Water Pump failure on 3.0FSI & 3.0Tdi engines (pre 2010) due to plastic pumps
2-LED module failures for the front lights - not a major issue and has been rectified in 2011
3-Steering wheel shudder at low speed. This has in many occasions rectified by replacing a hose, if it's too noticeable.

That's really it as far as i am aware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts