Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently ordered an Audi Q5 SE 2.0 TDI quattro S tronic with factory options keeping under £40k for road tax reasons but couldn't stretch to a tow bar which I'll need.

Please could you recommended suppliers of aftermarket tow bars for the new Audi Q5.

Dealer suggested Richter Sport and a product from Westfalia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a Brink removable towbar fitted about 2 months ago with a single (7 pin) electrics socket. Seems very good and it's pretty easy to detach the ball / neck - snaps into place fine and easy enough to remove. £576.00 fitted Rather pricey but much cheaper than paying Audi for it. In fact my local Audi dealer subcontracts the work to the fitter that I used.

A tip - When the ball / neck is removed, the docking mount can be hidden under the removable hatch on the lower side of the bumper. So the mounting and electrics are tidily covered when not in use, also helps keep crap out of these bits - its important to keep the mounting clean to help easy removal of the ball / neck.

But ask the fitter to replace the two screw slot snap catches on the cover with ones that have tags that you can turn with your fingers. This avoids the need to keep a screwdriver to hand and even more peering on hands & knees to find the screw slots. Apparently, these are a standard spares item from an Audi dealer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had mine fitted by the dealer very expensive though. The independent don't seem to have them in yet and are different from the 2016 Q5. Note that they need programming into the ECU, mine came with user and password to make it transferable to another owner. It is electrically operated as well, press a button in the boot and the tow bar drops down apparently from nowhere! Very neat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My company has them available.

You can watch a video of the product on YouTube using the link below.
This one was fitted to an S-Line but it will fit the SE also.
It's made by a Spanish company called Aragon.
Shipping time for towbar is usually around 5 days.
We have plenty of 7 pin & 13 pin witing harnesses in stock also.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
I'm more than happy to recommend a qualified installer in your local area too

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm looking for a towbar on my s-line. It's a 2013 model. Wanting dedicated electrics and detachable ball. Been quoted for westfalia by P F Jones, wondering who people recommend for good prices.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I'm looking for a towbar on my s-line. It's a 2013 model. Wanting dedicated electrics and detachable ball. Been quoted for westfalia by P F Jones, wondering who people recommend for good prices.
AFAIK Westfalia manufacture the factory bars, PF Jones are usually pretty competitive, got a Westfalia from them for my A4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts