Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Based in the North East. Bought myself a 2013 Audi Q5 S-Line Plus 2 weeks ago, which had less than 4k on the clock. Glacier white, 2.0 litre 177 BHP, automatic, pan sunroof, power folding mirrors, parking system advanced (reversing camera thingy). Absolutely thrilled with it.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Alex

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi, welcome to this friendly and helpful forum. I've learned a lot.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Wwelcome mate and enjoy

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi and welcome,

I'm also from North-east, with a very similar spec to yours, arriving in a few weeks.
Glacier white, 2.0 S-line plus, auto ( no pano roof though)

Plenty of info on this forum !!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard,nice spec 😄

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Gang!

I had the car for over two weeks before I had the bottle to tell the girlfriend about it (she lives near Gatwick so it's quite a trek from Newcastle, as you can imagine!)

She's been nagging me to buy a house with her, so I was expecting to get thumped when I just turned up in it, but she likes it!

Quick one - I'm guessing it's a security setting of sorts but you can't CLOSE the boot remotely, can you? I can open it (obviously) with the remote. It'd be nice if I could close it too (I've got the button on the tailgate of course but was just wondering what the logic was behind not being able to close the boot with the remote). Loving the B&O sound system too!

:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi magicman-alex. No unfortunately you can only open the tailgate remotely but can't close it that way. It's unfortunate, and I know that many owners in many different forums try to overcome this, but to me I just enjoy it the way it is.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I managed to use VCDS to programme the boot module so I could close the A7 boot using te remote key. It should be possible on the Q5 also.

Close your boot remotely using your key fob (and retain the opening feature)
Go to Module 46 (cent convenience), coding, long coding helper and ensure byte two, bit two is ticked it says "Comfort operation: Remote control active". Then got to module 6D (Trunk Electrics), security access and enter security code "12345". Then still in Module 6D, click adaptation, channel and there are 4 options in there (among others) called "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key - Touch function for closing". Select all four of those options, one at a time, and change the value to ACTIVE and press do it. Thats it. You still open your boot as normal - press and hold the middle button on the fob, but to close it, you can now just click the button on the remote (not a press and hold) and the boot will close and beep to warn you. Love this mod!

The above copied from
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?154321-VCDS-Tricks-for-the-A7

Compliments of M1tchy whose permission has not been sought in the making of this post.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Wow gr8 info,does this mod work with engine running ?😄

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi All,

Based in the North East. Bought myself a 2013 Audi Q5 S-Line Plus 2 weeks ago, which had less than 4k on the clock. Glacier white, 2.0 litre 177 BHP, automatic, pan sunroof, power folding mirrors, parking system advanced (reversing camera thingy). Absolutely thrilled with it.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Alex
Sounds nice, welcome to the forum, nice people, lots of helpful info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts