Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, just had a request to take my 2019 2.0 TDI into the dealers for free repairs and updates, any else out there had a similar request?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Richard, useful for future reference.

Had the recall work completed yesterday plus a safety check and they washed and sanitised the car. Had a brief verbal explanation of each of the 4 jobs done but I'm curios, is anyone able to expand on the detail for the following job numbers,

66K8, 64F6, 51G5, 23CZ

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just noticed I put the wrong year on my original post, should be 2017.

I have received the following back from Audi;

23CZ - Software update for engine control unit,
51G5 - Servicing of the side member
64F6 - Software update for door control unit
66K8 -Replacing securing clips for rear wheel arch cover

Unable to get any more detail, just wondering if the engine software update has anything to do with the emissions cheating scandal and the millions of claims for compensation?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi guys apparently my 2017 mk2 Q5 tfsi comes under a recall to remedy lower sills that potentially could rust ! Was told that either the car was not treated correctly before painting, or the sills did not have the correct thickness of paint. Losing car for approx 2 days. This recall did not show up on the Govs website. I've lost count now as to how many times my car has had to go back to the dealers for issues that should not have happened on a car at this price point. It seems Mexico is not going to be famous for making the Mk2 Audis finest creation lol.
It appears it is affecting 2018 Q5/SQ5 as well. Just shouldn't happen these days on newish cars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just had the first long run out following the updates, a 200 mile trip I have done many times. I must admit the car drives noticeably smoother and nicer. Better going on and off the throttle, the turbo lag has all but gone. No change in fuel consumption, still getting 50mpg on the journey on mixed driving, 80% is on motorways cruising at 75.

Thanks for the info on possible corrosion on the sills Justanhonestman, will keep an eye on this.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hi guys, had my recall work done regarding the sills having the potential to rust apparently. Work done came under campaign 51G5. They removed and replaced side brackets/members and recoated the affected area. Good to see Audi keeping on top of issues that arise, but not so good that those issues are appearing. I’ve already treated rusting tailgate ram mounts myself with Hydrate80. And after looking underneath the car below the front grille, I noticed fixing screw heads were rusting too. Just shouldn’t be happening on a 4 year old car. It seems to me that Audi is being supplied with inferior quality parts since moving to Mexico. Already had two rear springs failing despite careful driving on good roads, and now they must be getting supplied with cheap galvanised bolts and brackets or they wouldn’t have rusted so soon. Going to have a good look under the car and keep my Hydrate80 and brush handy.

update to post —rusting fixing bolts/screws underneath the front bumper have been replaced with shiny new ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts