Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just received a call from Aberdeen Audi this afternoon regarding a recall on the clutch slave cylinder not sure if anyone else has been advised of this.

·
Banned
842 Posts
What year is your car?

·
Banned
801 Posts
2009 2.0 TFSI SLine Stronic
There is no clutch cylinder in S-tronik
If your model has then you have a unique model in the world

·
Banned
801 Posts
Where is the ignore button?
Why ignore button?? Because I wrote the truth !

Have I offended you ????????????????
If I am please specify how and why

You've written nonsense "S-tronic with clutch cylinder"

You should to apologize to the to users forums because you write nonsense, but you are looking stupid excuses "Where is the ignore button?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Regarding the age of my car it was registered on March 2012. The recall will be carried out on the 26th October as Audi Aberdeen is booked up until the 15th October.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Sorry Doug, I only skimmed and missread your post. My Q5 doesn't have a third pedal.

Many thanks to Spijun for kindly pointing out my error.
Not all have to car owners know the mechanics of engines, transmissions, etc.

I just tried to joke with you and you to realize it as an insult
I did not write anything bad

·
Registered
433 Posts
Its quiet an easy mistake to make really, I know my Q is manual and the complete workings of the drive line. But I am fully aware of the Automatic tranmissions, but not fully verse on the S-tronic and tiptronic, hence I cannot comment on these units.

I have a hydraulic FOOT OPERATED clutch system with my manual gearbox, (master cylinder and slave cylinder)
But after doing some reading, S-tronic and triptronic still incorperate clutches equiped with hydraulically operated, electronically controlled for the gear changes.
Baiscally each system is identical, but controlled differently

N215 controls the clutch pressure which allows you to sit in gear and stopped, G193 sender registers the pressure as required, in general these unit acts as master and slave or a persons leg.

Reactions: missile

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Not all have to car owners know the mechanics of engines, transmissions, etc.

I just tried to joke with you and you to realize it as an insult
I did not write anything bad
Is that supposed to be an apology?

·
Banned
801 Posts

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
IMHO, you have contributed some valuable comments to this forum. Unfortunately, you have also been offensive toward several posters. I do not wish to point out examples or indeed continue any dialogue with you.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Do not speak for others than for himself. Or perhaps you're employed as a lawyer
You really do not have an example where I've offended you. Actually I'm not offended you
Are you the insulted me ??
The pleasure is mutual with regard to dialogue.

End of discussion

·
Registered
130 Posts
Guys, I joined this forum to share experiences and learn info about the Q5 not to listen to people bickering. Spijun, as a new comer to this forum I agree totally that you do provide very useful info but sometimes your posts could be interpreted as insulting butaybe this could be due to your slightly poor English (please do not take offence at that as I am sure you speak many languages much better than I ever could).

As regards the whole clutch cylinder debate, surely an s tronic has to have some form of actuator to engage/disengage each clutch. I would imagine that this would still be in the form of a hydraulic cylinder which would be referred to ad the slave cylinder on a manually actuated clutch system? I may be totally wrong on this as I have not looked at any of the technical data for the a tronic transmission but hey I am sure someone will let me know ASAP if that is the case and if there is a bit of banter thrown in then that's fine also.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Ok I accept any criticism. My English is bad, and many times I have written here:Sorry for my English

With my native language I speak two other languages and very bad English as third language

Clutch cylinder only exists for manual gearboxes

Here attached S-TRONIK gearbox in PDF form with all the parts and there is no clutch cylinder

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts