Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just wondering about my rear screen washer jets.

When I use them, there is a lot of fluid pumped out but it rarely go more than 3-4 inches and relies on the blade to move it over the rear window.

I would have expected the jets to squirt the fluid further. Is my experience normal or do I need to get the jets adjusted?

·
Registered
98 Posts

When I use them, there is a lot of fluid pumped out but it rarely go more than 3-4 inches and relies on the blade to move it over the rear window.

I would have expected the jets to squirt the fluid further. Is my experience normal or do I need to get the jets adjusted?
mine does the same - clears the window anyway but agree bit different from what I am used to

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts

Just checked mine too,they are the same as yours but they do what there supposed to.

Rich

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think they're brilliant! Rather than spraying randomly on the rear window it squirts from the wiper in front of where it wipes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is my experience normal or do I need to get the jets adjusted?
Shunter, no need to pay to get them adjusted - if you get a sewing needle and stick it in the nozzle outlets, you can generally move them about yourself - just be careful not to snap the needle off in the jet. You have to adjust,then test, adjust, then test, etc etc...usually I end up with them spraying the pavement and none of the rear window, first attempt !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts