Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 2014 Q5. I HAD THE CONCERT RADIO (NON MMI) AND REPLACED IT WITH THE N7 DYNAVIN PRO. NOW I HAVE GPS AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTAL A BACK UP CAMERA. THE N7 PRO IS SUPPPOSED TO BE PLUG AND PLAY. I HAVE TRIED INSTALLING THE CAMERA MYSELF BUT NOTHING WORKS. DO I NEED THE CAMERA INTERFACE MODULE I SEE IN INSTALATION VIDEOS OR AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG? I KEEP GETTING MIXED INFORMATION FROM SEVERAL SOURCES AND WOULD LIKE TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE ALREADY.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,831 Posts
Why is your post ALL in caps? This is a Dynavin system not standard Audi system, you would be best asking Dynavin directly. Although the website does state that it is "Reverse camera Ready". Did you have a reverse camera before installing this new system? Sounds like you might already have the answer if you can see the camera module in the videos and you don't have this - but check with Dynavin first.

Not sure why you would go to all the hassle of installing this when you can just use your smartphone mounted on a dock. Plus not sure how long Dynavin will keep updating the software before this kit becomes obsolete?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING. DIDNT KNOW I WAS GOING TO BE SUBJECTED TO THE GRAMMER POLICE (WHO CARES IF IM POSTING IN ALL CAPS) AND THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW (IM AWARE DYNAVIN ISNT STANDARD) NEXT TIME YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESPOND TO SOMEONES POST, TRY NOT TO BE SO condescending. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AUDI'S, YOU WOULD KNOW WHEN I MENTIONED THAT I HAVE A CONCERT RADIO, (AUDI DOESN'T INCLUDE A BACK UP CAMERA OR GPS ON Q5 OR Q7 IF YOU HAVE A CONCERT RADIO) AND THAT IS WHY I DIDNT HAVE GPS OR A BACKUP CAMERA IN THE FIRST PLACE. IN OTHER WORDS I DIDN'T HAVE A CAMERA INTERFACE MODULE FROM THE BEGINING. A SMARTPHONE MOUNTED ON A DOCK IS FINE FOR SOME PEOPLE, BUT IF ITS OK WITH YOU, I WOULD PREFER A SYSTEM THAT I WANT, REGARDLESS IF IT MAKES SENSE TO YOU OR FOR ANYONE ELSE.

·
Registered
429 Posts
^^^^^ With an answer like this, I’m afraid you’ll get little help on this forum....so, good luck sorting your problem!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT, AND THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM. AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULDNT BE BELITTLED OR JUDGED WHEN SEEKING HELP. I DONT KNOW YOU SIR, AND WITH THAT BEING SAID, THIS CONVERSATION IS OVER. I DID NTO JOIN THIS FORUM FOR DRAMATICS. I JUST WANTED AN ANSWER FROM SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE. THANK YOU AGAIN.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,831 Posts
Ignoring the overdramatics hullabaloo
Not aware of anyone on this forum with a Dynavin system, so we can only guess what the solution is. What did Dynavin say? Still think that you will need a camera module, as you eluded to in your first post, you could order this from Audi or get a used one from eBay - for example here. Might be worth contacting a company that retrofits parking camera like this one and asking a few questions - https://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/products/reversing-cameras/audi-q5-8r-reversing-camera-retrofit/

L
et us know if you get it sorted, so if anyone else goes through the same there is a known solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts