Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this option the only way of getting the rear seats to slide backward/forward?
I'm assuming so.

If so, how come not many secondhand seem to have it, at <£200 it's a pretty 'cheap' option that gives good storage flexibility, or am I missing something?

Can it be retrofitted after purchase, if so how much are we talking please?

Cheers

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yes it's the only way to have the seat base slide. TBH I only got it for the cup holder and centre seat individual folding ability.

I can imagine retrofit is expensive. Do you regularly need 100mm more boot depth at the cost of the same loss of rear leg room is the main question as to if it is really worth it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks For confirmation.
With 2 young kids, leg room in back isn't a major requirement, but luggage space is :)
But I like the idea of being able to increase leg space when adults are in the back.

It's one of the thing that attracted me to the Q5, good luggage space for the length of vehicle.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
My experience is I have to have the rear seat back if my 2 yr old godson is in his car seat or his feet are round my ears... I'm quite tall so have the seat a fair way back, but an adult can still sit comfortably behind me.

In my experience if the rear seat is forward its of no use to a passenger of any age... (Unless they are behind a very short passenger).

·
Registered
202 Posts
sometimes i wish i hadn't spec'ed it on mine - over bumps i get a vibration / rubbing between the split (one seat side is material and one side leather, and you can hear them brushing against each other) annoys the heck out of me - tried packing it out with some foam but not the best.
Next time the car is in i will mention but i dont expect them to be able to do much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maaaaan, I hate rubbing/rattles. Hope they can so it.

Thanks or heads up Jose, definitely something to test before buying.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have had it on this car for nearly 7 months and haven't used it once. If you need it I am sure it is very useful though.

·
Banned
489 Posts
I was hoping that it also went back a little farther than a fixed seat - it doesn't. I do like the split and centre armrest and if I do need to load up the boot it'll move forward nicely. The only problem then is that there's no flexible load cover for the gap created.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm with Jose, only ordered it for centre armrest and cupholders... which in my view should be standard anyway.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have had it on this car for nearly 7 months and haven't used it once. If you need it I am sure it is very useful though

I had it on mine for two years and never used it. Lol - hence I didn't order on this one or my next one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The good thing about the rear bench seat plus is that it means you can detach the parcel shelf,fold it up and slot it in the gap between the rear seats and the boot. Obviously rear seats are still usable as well

You can't do that with the non-rear bench seat plus much to my annoyance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do people still use the parcel shelf if they have privacy glass?
I haven't seen the need in my A4 Avant. That said, it's after market fitted so a bit darker at 20%.

That's another questions actually, are you able to specify the darkness of the privacy glass option?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
You can see through the privacy glass fairly easily. And you can't specify the darkness.
I have a dog guard so the parcel shelf lives in the attic. I would definitely use it if not for the dog though for the security aspect.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
When I first got it I kept smashing my forehead on the parcel shelf when boot was open,so removed,but then noticed you could c in through Audi privacy glass,so put back in,but thank 2 this forum found a thread bout raising height of boot when open,so adjusted 2 maximum height,and no I haven't read manual yet,so didn't no,has any 1 gone over the Audi tinted glass ?if so is it 2 dark ..?

·
Registered
343 Posts
We went for the rear bench seat plus to get the cup holders and central folding which we didn't have on the old car - in actual fact we quickly used the whole sliding seat thing in the summer on our drive down to the Dordogne

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I first got it I kept smashing my forehead on the parcel shelf when boot was open,so removed,but then noticed you could c in through Audi privacy glass,so put back in,but thank 2 this forum found a thread bout raising height of boot when open,so adjusted 2 maximum height,and no I haven't read manual yet,so didn't no,has any 1 gone over the Audi tinted glass ?if so is it 2 dark ..?
The factory fitted privacy glass on a 2010 A6 Avant looked like 30% and in my opinion was a bit too light for what I wanted (bright light protection for a baby). Obviously miles better than nothing or stick on shades.
We had after market 20% applied to A4 Avant at my home (£180 special offer), very pleased with this fitting and level of light.
You have to look very carefully to see through it.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Thanks dale 😄

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Good value option, I can get my 33" barrelled shotgun (so the overall length diagonally needs to be more that 54") in the boot and out of sight with one of the seats slid fully forward. The option also provides the through-load facility too. TBH Audi are being mean, such a feature ought to be standard on a premium SUV at this price point.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Good value option, I can get my 33" barrelled shotgun (so the overall length diagonally needs to be more that 54") in the boot and out of sight with one of the seats slid fully forward. The option also provides the through-load facility too. TBH Audi are being mean, such a feature ought to be standard on a premium SUV at this price point.
As should HHA, Light Pack, and a number of other options. These "minor" options are obviously a good money-earner for Audi.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The factory fitted privacy glass on a 2010 A6 Avant looked like 30% and in my opinion was a bit too light for what I wanted (bright light protection for a baby). Obviously miles better than nothing or stick on shades.
We had after market 20% applied to A4 Avant at my home (£180 special offer), very pleased with this fitting and level of light.
You have to look very carefully to see through it.
Is there a certain level where privacy glass becomes illegal? I'm sure an ex-colleague was pulled and fined in her ML because the glass was too dark?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts