Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Hankscorpion,
You've just hit on my only pet hate about my Q5 - the woeful fuel consumption in the 2.0l TFSI S-Line

Lucky to get 20mpg in town and have to work hard to get 28mpg on the motorway - dreadful

Count yourself lucky you have the diesel!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wouldn't mind so much if I was driving like a nutter but i'm not - quite the opposite.
I know Nova's MPG went up around 2.5K miles so I was waiting for that but now i'm nearly hitting 3K and no better.
I think a visit to the dealership is in order, but I don't hold out much hope with that one.

I have a feeling Rahoo is also feeling the pain....

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Andy - are your figures based on the OBC or via fill up to fill up calculations? maybe worth checking the computer is accurate (although I guess you can judge its low via the range)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has been OBC but the last 2 fill ups I have bled it dry (around 5 litres left in the tank) to check the computer was about accurate which it seems to be - lucky to get 420 to the tank on a run and 380 for town driving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That does seem very low Andy... it would be good to hear from some diesel owners to see how their consumption is going.

·
Registered
10 Posts
3.0 TDi here. Getting about 23-25 around town, 33-35 on a longer journey. Over 2500 miles so far I've averaged 30.6 total.

Should Diesels improve over time also?

·
Registered
125 Posts
The around town seems low as well for the 3.0TDi but I don't know the figures off the top of my head.
My 2.0l petrol should give around 28 around town, 38 motorway according to Audi's figures so I'm around 33% less than stated

·
Registered
178 Posts
Andy - i feel the pain ...still

2.0 T get 20-25 town and 30 motorway (and I do drive quite sedately ) gutted on the consumption to be honest..should have waited another month for the s tronic tdi

·
Registered
125 Posts
In a way I'm glad it's not just me, but clearly there is an issue, or more likely, the original figures quoted by Audi are utter rubbish.
I am going to tackle Audi on this one but it will have to wait a few weeks until I can dedicate enough time to do it justice!

G

·
Hi, I have the 2 TDI, S-line, S-Tronic in White with lots of extras and I have 2.5k on the clock.

Getting 36.5 Average and 42.5 best so far on a varied 60 mile round trip.

MPG is definitely improving over time; I do a wide range of driving B Roads, A Roads, Motorway, Town etc.

I love the Dynamic suspension and steering option and I the car is a pleasure to drive & own

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just checked mine, its a 2.0 TDi s-line with manual box. Only had it for a week so far just 800 miles ave 38.9. I filled the tank on the first day and it did 580 miles to the warning light coming on. Much better than my last car a lexus is250 which was lucky to get 350!

G

·
Hi,

Mine's a 3.0 S Line with 5K on the clock. I am averaging 38mpg on my daily commute on mainly A and B class roads of 60 miles round trip. My commute is in relatively light traffic but if I hit traffic it dips considerably.

G

·
My 3.0 tdi S-Line now has 3k on the clock and I can quite easlily get into the high 30's on a run. My best yet is 43 mpg on a 100+ mile trip on M4, M25 and down into the centre of Brighton. Very pleased!

BTW this is an incredible car with a stunning engine/gearbox. So glad I went for the 3.0 over the 2.0 - absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Have seen 40.9 MPG on my 2.0TDI S-Line S-Tronic on a run into the City, that was the best I have got so far but as my car has only covered 1000 miles I have been taking it easy but the MPG should improve as time goes on. Very pleased with the consumption conceding the weight of the car and it's Quattro Drive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone got near the quoted 42mpg from Audi????

Please reply with model and mpg
My 2.0 Diesel S.Line auto constantly gives me 42mpg. I even got 52mpg on one trip. Just under 4,000 miles.

Average over total mileage is about 38mpg

I live in the Highlands of Scotland and most of my driving is on country roads.

ZED

1 - 20 of 43 Posts