Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to stop the radio coming on automatically on start up?
Many thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure it is switched off when you turn the engine off - if it still comes on, there may be a deeper issue.
Thanks BeeCee, I've given that a go and it still comes on so looks like deeper issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks BeeCee, I've given that a go and it still comes on so looks like deeper issue.
Bump.

This is, indeed, an annoying "feature" for anyone trying to transport sleeping toddlers. Worst of all is that if you turn it off when putting the key in, it turns itself back on after 10 s when the MMI boots up and needs to be turned off twice...

Could it be fixed by VAG.com, anyone?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I turned mine on yesterday by accident without the key in the ignition so I turned it off again. I had to hold the on/off button for a few seconds before it went off.

When I got in the car this morning I started up and only had the MMI screen, I had to turn the radio back on. Might be worth trying on yours and see if the same happens.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I think I might have the answer to this.

If you press and hold the Mute/Power button for several seconds it does indeed turn off the music - alas it also turns off the entire MMI including the Sat Nav. The MMI system remains powered down when you next turn the ignition on but operating any part of the MMI system will cause the music to start up again.

Quite by accident I discovered that if you give the Mute/Power button one short press the audio goes into the muted state as indicated by the symbol to the left of the clock - well at least it does on the vehicles with the Tech Pack High fitted. The good news is that the audio remains muted when you next turn the ignition on but the rest of the MMI is up and working as normal. Desired affect I hope.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wonder if there is any connection between this and the car left at the airport for 2 weeks? If mmi is left on standyby with the engine off is it still using power?

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I wonder if there is any connection between this and the car left at the airport for 2 weeks? If mmi is left on standyby with the engine off is it still using power?
Recall reading somewhere that the car hibernates after so long to save power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts