Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Depends what 'best' defines I guess?

Quiet tires are usually softer rubber and wear out quicker - tread patterns that are fine with the blocks closer together. The more rugged types that might have more off-road potential and have bigger tread blocks and possibly be a bit harder will be less quiet.

What size of tire and where in the world are you?

·
Registered
422 Posts
From what I can see Goodyear Efficientgrip SUV are the Quietest @ 68db with a good Treadwear Rating check with your local supplier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my 2010 Q5 from a neighbor. It had 30,000 miles on it and the original Dunlops were worn completely down. I did some research and liked what I read about the Bridgestone Ecopia tires. I got a great price and then on New Year's day there was a coupon for another $100 off the set of 4, so I went with them. I've done about 4,000 miles with them so far (mixed highway and around town) and could not be happier with the grip, ride, wet/dry handling and fuel economy. I highly recommend them (Virginia, USA).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Darren
That is pretty much what I have read too. I think they are around $1000. Is that about what you paid?
Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts