Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm planning to buy a 2018 Q5 Progressiv with 125k km. The seller took care of his car and changed the gas pump recently. Everything seems good, and he told me he never had any issues with the car (also has the carfax proof, I'm buying through a Volks dealer because he is buying a new car there). I find the car really nice with the honeycomb grill and black optics. He also lowers the suspensions with h&r supersport and mounted on mags 20. The price is good, but I am wondering if there are specific things I should check on the car. I'm not an expert at all with Audi. That's why I'm here :)

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately no warranty. The car is sold from the dealer just so the seller avoid some taxes. On my side I have a better price for the car, so that’s a win-win. It’s a common way of selling your car in Canada if you are buying a car from a dealer.

Btw he also changed the spark plugs and air filters. I checked the maintenance schedule and everything seems up-to-date.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure if the price will reflect anything if you are from the UK. The guy is buying a brand new car from a dealer and I buy his car from the dealer at the same time (it helps him save some taxes) and basically, he will lower the price so we both get a win-win (his taxes are higher because his new car is really expensive). It is like if I would not pay the taxes (15% off).

The car has not really been modified, just the car suspensions (and he still has the original ones that he will give me). He had to change the suspension because he wanted to use the mags 20. From what I see he took care of the car, and he only used the car on highways. On my side, I will do around 10k km per year (he gives me winter and summer tires too, they are still good for 2 winters).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts