Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just placed an order with a dealer (via drivethedeal) for a new SQ5 & it's due for delivery Sept 13. Really looking forward to getting it (it replaces a very slow Tiguan as the family car).

I've not added many toys to the car, as I don't tend to use them.

My spec is - Estoril Blue, Black leather, standard 20" wheels, Audi Drive Select, heated front seats & flat bottomed wheel.

The question I have is around the adjustable damper option, as it's the sensible car in the house... do I need to spec the adjustable dampers in addition to the drive select in order to set them to soft (I know customisation isn't possible with my spec) just want to know if I need to ask for adjustable dampers to be added to the order too.

The audi.co.uk site - doesn't list the adjustable dampers as selectable option on the SQ5 (that I could see & i've tried to find them a few times). The drivethedeal site and autoebid do....

Is the official Audi site wrong or is it the brokers that are listing the wrong/outdated spec for the SQ5 (because adjustanle dampers come as standard) ?

My other car is a pretty heavily modified (but completely stock looking) S3 (8P).

Finally, has anyone had their SQ5 mapped yet any of the more respected tuners ? be interested to hear the results (although turbos does sound like they are running a fair amount of boost as standard)

Thanks for any help provided.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm about to order through drivethedeal also. September delivery is promising... When did you pay your deposit.

I've wondered the same about dampers but I think the broker sites list it in error.
It maybe a MY14 thing but dealers I've spoken with deny its coming.

Would you mind if I PM'd you about your drivethedeal experience?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My deposit got taken from my account today (spotted it this morning!).

Yep, this will be the 3rd car i've bought through drivethedeal - all positive. The site gives you your price, someone there gives you a quick call & then the supplying dealer normally gets in touch within a day or so. The experience is really all about how good the supplying dealer is though, they are the ones you'll have the interaction with (my supplying dealer is 450 miles away...lol but i'm down in London a lot working, so it's just a short train journey from there to the south east & then a very enjoyable drive back home in a nice new car).

I placed a bid on autoebid (3 day auction) & they couldn't get close (once the fees were added in).

I also popped into my local audi dealer, not a great experience - its been a long time since i've been in showroom of a dealership, could not get anyone to even give me a quick chat despite being there for 1 hour (I was well dressed and made it clear what I was looking to discuss). From asking around, you need to have an appointment in the diary - this is very big dealership & lots of management walking around in the background, me and a lot of other customers not getting any attention at all. They must have made their targets for this quarter!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Adjustable dampers are not an option on SQ5
Good - thanks for clarifying.

Do you know if the driveselect function actually allows comfort to be selected & if that makes a material difference to the way the car rides ? listening to this and looking at the visual display (it would appear 'yes' is the answer but it also lists a 'sports diff' and that's not applicable to the SQ5 (unfortunately).

http://www.audi.co.u...ive-select.html

·
Registered
325 Posts
My deposit got taken from my account today (spotted it this morning!).

Yep, this will be the 3rd car i've bought through drivethedeal - all positive. The site gives you your price, someone there gives you a quick call & then the supplying dealer normally gets in touch within a day or so. The experience is really all about how good the supplying dealer is though, they are the ones you'll have the interaction with (my supplying dealer is 450 miles away...lol but i'm down in London a lot working, so it's just a short train journey from there to the south east & then a very enjoyable drive back home in a nice new car).

I placed a bid on autoebid (3 day auction) & they couldn't get close (once the fees were added in).

I also popped into my local audi dealer, not a great experience - its been a long time since i've been in showroom of a dealership, could not get anyone to even give me a quick chat despite being there for 1 hour (I was well dressed and made it clear what I was looking to discuss). From asking around, you need to have an appointment in the diary - this is very big dealership & lots of management walking around in the background, me and a lot of other customers not getting any attention at all. They must have made their targets for this quarter!
That's all very reassuring and thanks for taking the time to post.
Will get my order through this week and see what delivery they come back with

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good - thanks for clarifying.

Do you know if the driveselect function actually allows comfort to be selected & if that makes a material difference to the way the car rides ? listening to this and looking at the visual display (it would appear 'yes' is the answer but it also lists a 'sports diff' and that's not applicable to the SQ5 (unfortunately).

http://www.audi.co.u...ive-select.html
That's a generic video, not SQ5 specific. No it doesn't have any effect on the ride at all (certainly in the UK)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
There are only 2 people with SQ5s delivered so far. Robin T in Belgium a week or so ago, and Zed here in the UK today. Missile gets his tomorrow I think.
Only tuning info out there was this a few months ago. http://www.worldcarfans.com/113011652734/audi-sq5-tdi-by-bb-with-395-hp

Will have to wait another few weeks/months I expect before anyone gets into tuning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a generic video, not SQ5 specific. No it doesn't have any effect on the ride at all (certainly in the UK)
I thought as much, rather unhelpful of the digital marketing team at Audi posting the generic clip in a specific SQ5 section of the site...

Thanks for confirming though around it's impact on ride quality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are only 2 people with SQ5s delivered so far. Robin T in Belgium a week or so ago, and Zed here in the UK today. Missile gets his tomorrow I think.
Only tuning info out there was this a few months ago. http://www.worldcarf...-bb-with-395-hp

Will have to wait another few weeks/months I expect before anyone gets into tuning them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1500 euros for a map that would appear to tweak the fueling and raise the boost by a rather small amount..

I think you're right, wait a while and see what else comes on the market from APR/Revo etc (the more audi models that have this configuration, the more chance we owners have of getting some competitive options).

·
Registered
325 Posts
380 ps and god knows how much torque

Reactions: royster

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
380 ps and god knows how much torque
bloody hell, that's very nice. I'm relatively new to VAG tuning, so only really know the mainstream names (although I should have remembered MRC, they have created some monsters!).

That's the same kind of power as my S3 but so much more torque!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I reckon stage 1 they'll all deliver similar results. I think this car would lend itself more to a softer tune do its not to hard in delivery... Personally.
If I tune it (remember mine upshot the wife) ill go Revo as they've been good to me with the TTRS.

I reckon everyone will need to crack the ecu though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts