Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why has Audi not put a "quattro" badge on the Q5?

Some of us have de-badged their Q5's to some degree but thats one badge i wouldn't remove.
The quattro brand is world famous and Audi's latest advert boasts the quattro range. So why have they stopped badging quattro cars with the quattro badge?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I test drove a 63 plate last week that was "quattro" badged .. It was under the TDI badge...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Very good point wilf,would certainly look better than the little tdi badge (now removed) 😄

·
Registered
768 Posts
I test drove a 63 plate last week that was "quattro" badged .. It was under the TDI badge...
It's also on mine with a 63 plate, so very odd. I know that they removed the 3.0 litre badge from the Q5 in 13 which is a bit strange. Maybe I'm driving a 2.0 litre with twin exhausts? I better tell my insurance company :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
My build week 45, 2014 chassis number, Q5 has quattro badges in the three classic positions, i.e. Front Grill, Rear Panel below the engine designation and on the dashboard trim strip in front of the passenger. All my quattros since 2000 have had these 3 badges and I am disappointed to hear that they are no longer fitted. I just wonder if you saw one with the no cost option of badge deletion although my understanding is that the dashboard badge remains with this option.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does this only count if you ask for model deletion??

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Only the SQ5 doesn't have it on the back or front - Q5's do.

S-Line's don't have it on the front grill, SE's do.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not certain as its something thats only just struck me as being strange, but i dont think I've ever seen a Quattro badge on any Q5 and i cant remember there being any on my Q7 but was a few years back now. I must make a point of looking a bit closer at other Q5's

Maybe you guys with them are the only few out there, how cool would that be :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Im not certain as its something thats only just struck me as being strange, but i dont think I've ever seen a Quattro badge on any Q5 and i cant remember there being any on my Q7 but was a few years back now. I must make a point of looking a bit closer at other Q5's

Maybe you guys with them are the only few out there, how cool would that be :)
If that's the case, maybe I should be holding out for more on my trade-in!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If that's the case, maybe I should be holding out for more on my trade-in!
They are at least £20 a badge at Audi so fill your boots lol

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Maybe it's different now, but my s-line has the Quattro badge on the front too.
All the slines I've seen have a sline badge in the grill. It annoys me because the flash of red makes then hard to distinguish from an sq5 at a distance.
Maybe it changed recently. I've not seen many MY13/14s - most are older around here.

·
Registered
768 Posts
All the slines I've seen have a sline badge in the grill. It annoys me because the flash of red makes then hard to distinguish from an sq5 at a distance.
Maybe it changed recently. I've not seen many MY13/14s - most are older around here.
Relax, it's only the quattro badge on the grill without any red in it. Mind you, I may now put a flash of red on it :)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Relax, it's only the quattro badge on the grill without any red in it. Mind you, I may now put a flash of red on it :)
LOL! Just googling I can't find an example if what I'm talking about. Just the Quattro ones you mention... Maybe I'm seeing red!?

Reactions: bertwelsh

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have

3 quattro badges, grill and boot lid (black background sliver writing) and one on dash (silver with black writing).
2 S-line badges on either wing and 1 on the steering wheel.
1 Q5 badge and 1 TDI badge on the boot lid.

Audi do provide an option to delete all these.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Only the SQ5 doesn't have it on the back or front - Q5's do.

S-Line's don't have it on the front grill, SE's do.
my MY14 S-Line Plus has Quattro badging front, rear and centre.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Page not available 😄

·
Registered
221 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts