Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

is there any difference (body panel wise) between the Q5 & SQ5? - I know the front grill is different, but does it have different side skirts, front wings etc?

have been looking at pics but can't really tell

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
SQ5 is closest to the Q5 Sline in terms of side skirts/bumpers etc.

SQ5 has a different rear bumper (I think actually just the valance) incorporating rear diffuser and quad exhausts and a different front grill as you say.

The Sline bodykit is different from the SE per;
  • S line exterior styling package including:
    - S line badges on front wings (SQ5 has 'V6 T' badges)
    - S line front bumper
    - S line grille with chrome vertical bars (SQ5 has its own grill)
    - S line rear diffuser
    - S line side skirts
Also - the Sline and SQ5 have slight arch extensions with 20/21 inch wheels. They are a black plastic rim that protrudes about 1/2 an inch beyond the edge of the painted arch. I just looked for a pic, but they are so not noticeable I can't find any pics where you are actually see them.
EDIT - there I am Googling, and one of my own pics you can see it... It goes over the whole top of the front arch, and you can just see the rear has a little lip around the lower 1/4 of the arch;

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The configurator actually shows the differences quite well...

SE Front;

SLine Front;

SQ5 Front (grill and fog surrounds have the double bars compared to SLine single);

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
SE Rear 2.0TDI;

SE Rear 3.0TDI/2.0TFSI (to show twin exhausts - Sline also has twin with these engines);

SLine Rear;

SQ5 Rear (much bigger diffuser (I can't really see it on the Sline despite the marketing saying it has one) and quad pipes);

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jose, really useful info

I never even noticed the wheel arch pieces but can definitely see it when looking at pics now. Those quad pipes do look awesome on the SQ5!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Also the roof spoiler is longer with the SQ5 and probably the Sline

·
Banned
289 Posts
According to the brochure, the SQ5 is 15mm longer than the Q5.

Strangely, the difference is shown as 1mm additional front overhang, 8mm rear overhang and 6mm additional in the wheelbase...... I seriously doubt that the wheelbase is different.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
CAN SOMEBODY ADVICE WHAT IS THE PART NUMBER FOR THE SQ5 S line rear diffuser. AT THE MOMENT I HAVE AN AUDI Q5 TDI SLINE AND I AM LOOKING IN REPLACING THE REAR BUMBER PART WHERE THE EXHAUST ARE TO INSTALL A QUAD EXHAUST SYSTEM. CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT WITH THE PART NUMBERS.

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Contact your Audi dealer, they will tell you part number and quote a price.

You could look for, but I would suggest you are unlikely to find one for sale second hand e.g. on eBay etc.

·
Registered
469 Posts
As Quattro states it is unlikely that the wheelbase differs. Jose's good summary has missed only one significant difference, clearly shown in his photo, between S line & SQ cars i.e. the fitment of a small lip spoiler to the front valance of SQ models which is absent on S Line vehicles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts