Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my work colleagues is about to order an A6 ultra tdi which is an s tronic tdi with a new 190bhp Diesel engine, have any of you seen any news if this engine and reduced co2 engine is coming to the q5, I guess because the a6 is a new platform then it won't be available in the older q5. Fingers crossed

This engine has more power and torque whilst having lower co2 emissions, quite clever. I think they are also bringing a4 ultra models too.

Perhaps with the strength of q5 sales they may leave it for the newer 2016 model.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I doubt it will reach the current Q5 model as it has only about 12-18 months to run. The current engine, te 177bhp only arrived on the later 2012 facelift model, several years after it had been fited to other models.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The Q5 engine (177ps) is starting to really lag behind the competition. The new Volvo engine is getting great reviews.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Actually I'd be interested to hear if any has bought the Q5 2.0 TDI 150ps. WHY?? Save £1000 but how slow!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually I'd be interested to hear if any has bought the Q5 2.0 TDI 150ps. WHY?? Save £1000 but how slow!
I've ordered the 150BHP, should be delivered in a week or two, I can then give you a full opinion on the performance after I clock up a few miles shenstone..
Dealer only had a 150BHP for my test drive and found the performance acceptable, I'm not a fast driver at all and stick to speed limits almost all the time,(had plenty points when younger)

I didn't really buy Q5 for speed at all... more for build quality,space,(3 kids to carry) comfort, and looks of course..

my last car was a Qashqai N-Tec + 130BHP and found the Q5 150BHP on a par with Qashqai due to Q5 being heavier..which was fine for me..

Cost was an Issue as I was originally going to buy a 177BHP S Line Auto, but changed order to 150BHP S Line plus manual, opted for the toys and bigger wheels, over 27BHP and auto..

I admit If money wasn't such an Issue I would have liked the 177 s tronic though as I've never had an auto I figured I wouldn't miss It..

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Kramer had the lower powered version of the 2.0TDi models but it was the engine previous to the 150 model so it was something like 143ps, from memory he said it was fine, speed was only slightly less than the 170 model available at the time and efficiency was excellent. So horses for courses I think you'd say.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Fair enough. It's always a very personal decision of course. I find my 177 just about enough and certainly wouldn't want any less (more would be good!).

·
Registered
814 Posts
Fair enough. It's always a very personal decision of course. I find my 177 just about enough and certainly wouldn't want any less (more would be good!).
Sounds like your on the brink of the obvious next choice...3.0l or SQ5 !!

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I was reading recently that the Ultra models are more than just a remapped engine for a lower Co2 number, Audi have been stripping weight out too, things like seat pans in composite materials instead of heavy steel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts