Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m struggling to fully charge my car from a pod point wall box even after 7 hours. When the weather is hot the fans start running and charging gets compromise. Anyone else have similar issues or suggestion?

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
28 Posts
Doesn’t sound right.

I have an Andersen charger and regularly charge from 0% - 100% in about 1.5 - 2 hours even in hot weather. The fan does run but this is to be expected to keep the battery cool. The only time I experienced charge times of 7 hours was before I got the charger installed and was relying on the “granny charger” plugged into the house socket.

Not sure if you can test if its an issue with the car or the Podpoint charger but a call to either Podpoint or Audi might be needed.

Hope you get sorted,

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
I am getting soon a Q5 55 tfsi e. I have my charger fitted by Hypervolt. Can you control the maximum charge level and can you use the Audi app to see the current charge level.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am getting soon a Q5 55 tfsi e. I have my charger fitted by Hypervolt. Can you control the maximum charge level and can you use the Audi app to see the current charge level.
I’m assuming you are thinking of restricting charge to 80% as recommended for full electric vehicles. There is no reference to this in the Q5 manual and I haven’t found any way of doing this in either my charger app (Andersen) or on the car itself. I think probably because the battery/range is so small it wouldn’t be economic to restrict the charge level further. I may of course be wrong.
As regards the Audi app it does show the current charge level.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for your reply. When you charge yours do you always let it run to 100%?
Yes, as I’ve not not found a way of restricting the charge short of manually keeping my eyes on the MyAudi app and disconnecting when it reaches 80%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts