Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, got a Q5 sprint blue with black pack 3.0 S Line + on order, bit concerned the suspension might be a bit harsh, had a 59 plate with 19" before and that was hard enough, have Audi made the suspension any more forgiving since then? Would19" or 18" be a better bet? The roads around here are shot to bits and bumpy as hell.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I am due to collect my S Line + with sports suspension and 20" wheels this week-end so will let you know soon after what I think. I ordered it with the S Line suspension as a lot of my driving is on undulating A roads and I use the "dynamic" setting on my current Allroad if I am in a hurry to improve body control/passenger comfort.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i've got 21" on my SQ5 and in terms of suspension it is very comfortable and honestly I don't find it very harsh so i'm sure you have nothing to worry about Simon!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Simon, I didn't go for sports suspension and the ride is very comfortable with the 20" wheels (in my opinion). My last car (Evoque) had 19" wheels and I don't notice much difference with 20" on my Q5.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I went from the SE to the S-Line Plus with 20" wheels but standard suspension and really prefer the combination I have now. It is not harsh at all yet really grips the road well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and thanks for all the speedy replies, hopefully all will be ok, if not smaller wheels to fix.
Senior member in Aberdeen, why did you sell the Evoque? Just sold mine in favour of the Q5, that had 20" rims and was ok on the rough B roads round here, problem was the narrow seats and thigh killing bolsters. Oh and the electric seats (passenger one didn't have height adjustment, not even manual). Anyway enough moaning, looking forward to the Q5 coming mid late Jan.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi New Member Simon. I felt the build quality of my £43k Evoque was not up to scratch. It was back and forward to the dealers for faults. Some were fixed and some remained. It had some great points such as road handling and steering etc, but LR are producing them in droves and residuals were beginning to fall quickly. I lost about 10% in depreciation over nearly 2 years, but values are tumbling. Fuel economy for a 2.2 diesel never got above 32mpg average. I'm happy with my Q5, but 2 litre felt a bit slow after Evoque and SQ5 has reduced ground clearance and wading depth, hence 3 litre. It's worth the wait.

Reactions: G dog and ray.afzal

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi, got a Q5 sprint blue with black pack 3.0 S Line + on order, bit concerned the suspension might be a bit harsh, had a 59 plate with 19" before and that was hard enough, have Audi made the suspension any more forgiving since then? Would19" or 18" be a better bet? The roads around here are shot to bits and bumpy as hell.
Hi,
Collected car today and drove 380 miles home on a broad mix of roads including narrow lanes, bumpy A roads & Motorways. Ride firm but not harsh and in my opinion well sorted damping/spring rates which suit the car well.
2.0 TFSI 225 very smooth and surprisingly torquey for a petrol. I am looking forward to when I have run it in to see what it is like when pushed.
Only disappointing thing so far is the lighting which on main beam is poor in both spread and distance in comparison to the xenons on my A6. I assumed that units themselves would be similar hence similar performance but not so.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome 😄

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi,
I realise this thread is a month old now, but anyway...
If any of the poster's can answer this question, I would be very grateful?

I just read (somewhere on the net), that if you order the drive select option, ( which I have, on a 2.0TDI S-tronic S-line plus) that this automatically means the car will arrive with S-line suspension?
I deliberately did not order this suspension, as I dont want the harsh ride, and assumed the drive -select would simply give me more comfort options on the standard suspension with the 20" wheels. If it alters it to arriving with sports suspension I will try to cancel the drive-select.

having looked in the Specs and prices brochure, and the on-line configurator, I see that drive select is available on the SE model, which doesn't have the S-line suspension option, so hope I have answered the question that the info I read was incorrect??
Would just like some verification for certain if anyone knows for sure, or actually has the drive-select/ standard suspension combo on an S-line model ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts