Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly off topic here guys but being a newbie to Audi in general I didn't quite know where to start the topic.

So we have been told to expect an end October early November delivery date however thinking of selling our car sooner before the new model of the BMW X5 comes out and drops its value even more. General question here is does anyone know whether Audi dealers (in general), I'm at Wimbledon, will give you a courtesy car in between the time you have sold your car and the time you get your SQ5/Q5? I have seen quite a few of you mention it previously but this is quite a broad question - obviously all dealers will be different and I will be contacting my dealer anyway about the part exchange and will pop the question.

Another quick question
What courtesy cars do you tend to expect from Audi when giving in your Q5/SQ5 for servicing? I'm one of those people that when paying a good £50k for a car I expect to have good customer service and a good courtesy car!

Thanks a lot and sorry for the irrelevant question!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
In the past I have negotiated a 'gap car' but generally you would have to include it in the deal up front. I would be surprised if you could arrange one post sale.

I posted the other day about courtesy car I got and you posted your surprise at me getting a TT. I think generally you are lucky to get something comparable to your own of you have a well spec'd vehicle, but I do feel they are obliged to offer something of similar size (if you own a Q7 and have 5 kids a TT isn't much use!) - equally if you don't ask you don't get. I say be cheeky like I am and you never know, they might have an RS4 just traded in you can borrow or something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha ok thanks mate that helps a lot actually; will try and ask about the gap car.

And hehe yes I was very surprised, and thats very true...kissing up and being cheeky is key in this process! :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Not normally.
Its only an 'estimated date' and it does kinda makes all that clear in the T&Cs.

Service - normal stuff is A1/A3s
R8 models serviced by R8 centres do guarantee you a certain car level (either R8 or an RS model) but thats the only one.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My Q5 is in for a leaking AC drain. They are having to replace the carpet in drivers side so will be with them for about a week. They lent me a A5 Coupe S- Line.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ray, back in 2003 I had one of the first 3.0 tdi auto knew shape 5 series in Rochester, it dropped a valve about a year later, 38k that car cost and while they had it for six weeks (long story)they gave me a Nisson almera manual as my courtesy car.

Hence I've been with Audi ever since. BMW have lost my last 5 soon to be 6 car perchases because of it. If the courtesy car had been
something on per with the 5 who knows whether I'd be now be waiting on my 6th Audi, because I don't think some BMW's ain't have bad.

They had the cheek to write to me once asking would I like to come over and test drive some of the cars, I never did get a reply from the manager, once he got my reply.

I've had two courtesy cars from Audi A4 soft top A5 3.0 both new. Makes all the difference if your looked after.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My Q5 was 6 weeks late mot due on the car we had when the Q was supposed to be delivered.
Brand New A6 Allroad as a loaner for 6 weeks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ok so in general quite a good mix of cars, that's convincing I suppose!
BMW give me Mini's which say 'THIS IS A COOPER COURTESY CAR FROM BMW, JUST SOMETHING WE DO FOR OUR CUSTOMERS' - almost embarrassed to drive it!
podgas did you and your dealer talk about this in advance prior to your order or was it something that Audi decided to do when you said you didn't have a car?

·
Registered
202 Posts
talking of unusual courtesy cars - i got an A8 extended wheelbase for the day earlier this week - it was massive - the legroom in the back was something else. not one for popping to the shops.

Back to the OP topic im sure the brochure states something about delays and how they will keep you on the road but im sure there will be some conditions obviously, have a look

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've been hiring a fiesta to get me by... £90/week

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's not bad actually Marky, might start looking for cheap rentals just in case, obviously I will need something bigger but thats not bad at all.
Hehe Scottishjock an A8?! Wow!

Just emailed and Salesman on holiday! Typical! I asked about whether they will part exchange our X5 and then chuck in a loan car for a bit, if not then looks like I'm going to start looking for short term loans.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I contemplated buying a car from a supplying Audi dealer with a guaranteed part-ex ( given agreed mileage parameters etc) when my SQ5 was delivered ( if I'd ordered one). A few dealers were open to that idea...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emailed dealer; customer services at Audi really starting to tick me off, they said they don't have the fleet to offer a loan car, neither do they have a build date for me yet? Starting to get suspicious now...

·
Registered
706 Posts
On a service, I have had an A3 and an A4. Normally not very clean, and only if I book well in advance. It doesn't bother me as I just need transport for one day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sold my Q5 a couple of weeks ago and dealer has lent me an A6 avant sline for three weeks until my new car arrives. I am on my 5th Audi with this dealer and that does count for something, when it comes to being looked after like this.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I agree. The q5 will be my second car from the dealer, and I am sure it would not be the same if I bought the car from a different dealer, or broker.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Emailed dealer; customer services at Audi really starting to tick me off, they said they don't have the fleet to offer a loan car, neither do they have a build date for me yet? Starting to get suspicious now...
If you don't have a build date now, you won't get the car in the time frame you indicated.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts