Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried having a look on the KW website, don't think it's been updated yet. When my baby arrives I will definitely be in contact, that new front bumper looks mean!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Body kit aside, and excuse my ignorance, but what does this give you - adjustable suspension on the SQ5?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it gives you the option to lower and higher the ride height electronically. So for me this would be low in city to pose (Hehe!) and high on those country lanes in Hertfordshire!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Body kit aside, and excuse my ignorance, but what does this give you - adjustable suspension on the SQ5?
Yes. Adjustable height at least. Not that you would change it every day. Just means you can set it to your taste/wheel size when fitting.

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yes it gives you the option to lower and higher the ride height electronically. So for me this would be low in city to pose (Hehe!) and high on those country lanes in Hertfordshire!
Ummm, no it doesn't.

The silver weird looking spanners are to adjust the height. You would only set it once where you want it when you fit them.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah well I obviously cant read...this is rather embarrassing
mind me Jose my apologies everyone hehe

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish you could delete topics now :)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Wouldn't worry Ray!

They are still an interesting find!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stil though now you mention it I wouldn't mind having the car lowered a bit; even though it is already low. I think I just have to wait on the price now!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Stil though now you mention it I wouldn't mind having the car lowered a bit; even though it is already low. I think I just have to wait on the price now!
Strange description of lowering or am i now reading it wrongly!

" At the front, the Q5 can be lowered from 40 to 65 mm and at the rear 45 to 70 mm"

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok good im not the only one baffled by this article; Jose can you explain to us?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Strange description of lowering or am i now reading it wrongly!

" At the front, the Q5 can be lowered from 40 to 65 mm and at the rear 45 to 70 mm"
The purple collars can be rotated with the silver spanners effectively making the springs longer or shorter.
At their longest they are still 40mm lower than stock on the front and 45 on the rear. At their shortest they are 65mm lower than stock on the front and 70 on the rear.
If you stood these next to stock, the spring part would be significantly shorter with the gold bit with the purple collar making up the rest of the length, the top mount (or bottom depending on which way up you have to mount them) will then rest on the collar and hence as the collar is movable on the threaded gold part you can change the height.
By 'continuous adjustment range' it just means you can set it anywhere within that 40-65 and 45-70 range, i.e. not at pre set notches as on some adjustable kits.

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Take a look at all the pics on the site and you should see what I mean in the semi-assembled pics.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks mate

Reactions: José
1 - 16 of 16 Posts