Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd organised this through work before ordering the SQ5 in order for the wife to asses if she was happy with a car this size.

Anyway we've used it to come down to Pembrokeshire and its been great.
Interestingly this car came with some options we've not gone for.

Panoramic roof. Frustratingly we both quite like this but its likely an option to far for us from a budget perspective. Lovely for my 2year old to gaze through on our runs through the countryside.
It's a really polished execution though.

ACC I'm not sure I quite get this. Admittedly on the run down the motorway it made driving quite effortless but when it intervened its quite intrusive slowing down quite aggressively and picking up speed more aggressively. Interestingly over two 25 mile stretches one with ACC one without I managed 7mpg more without the ACC by reading the road better. I don't know if it can be configured to be more efficient but I found that incredible!
Won't miss it.

Blind spot indicators - turned them off as at night they were distracting and the mirrors are big enough to see anything behind.

Lane assist - again I ended up turning it off as I found it more distracting than anything.

Other things I noted.
Stop start is damn annoying lol

I think I'm becoming an old fart having read this back... 34 going on 60!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill have a play with that on the drive home Jose... Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
My previous 177 tdi was a manual box, the current car (1 month old) is stronic. I was a little unsure about diesl and auto but I can say that it is fabulous, so smooth and so resonsive, it feels quicker, it's a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a lovely drive with stronic. Does hesitate a little at a roundabout when stop start kicks in (like I said I find stop start quite annoying!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I must admit, I was a caught out by the stop-start during a test drive in a Q5 2.0TDi 177 S-Line S-Tronic last week. I read previously that the Q5 had this feature but had completely forgotten about it (and none of my previous cars had it). At the first set of lights, I didn't actually hear/feel the engine stop but when I lifted the brake to pull away, the engine started up and I felt a brief moment of confusion, before realizing what it was. However, after that, I was fairly comfortable with it - I never felt like it might give me any problems at roundabouts/lights etc. I suspect it could annoy me in heavy traffic though stopping and starting every minute.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
If you have hill hold you can take you foot off the brake, the engine will start but the car is held for you. I use this option if I know I need quick pull away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts