Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

i'm a new guy here with a new Q5 2.0 S-Tronic S-Line Plus on order with delivery date of mid Sept 13.

just left the British Army after 24yrs service, and out of loyalty was always gonna go Land Rover but having extensively test driven many SUV's i decided to defect and treat myself to the Audi.

nice to meet you all, hopefully i can pick some of your brains about everything Q5 here in the near future so we can all learn from each other.

Swift and Bold

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi & welcome aboard.

You have chosen the same model as me and I'm sure you will be as pleased as I am with mine.

Not long to wait now...

Reactions: rifleman

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

Good choice. You will learn a lot from the guys on here. What colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome, very nice car you have ordered. What colour have you gone for?

·
Banned
289 Posts
Welcome from another new guy...

Interested to know your spec choices/reasons...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This place is a fount of knowledge for all things Q5. Look forward to seeing your pics and the spec...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys.

was sure i was going to go for Black however i decided to go for Lava Grey - partly because my wife just acquired a new VW Polo in a similar colour (and i thought they would look well together in the drive) and i liked the look of the almost black grey paint.

i swapped the default 4 spokes for the 'Off-Road' alloys instead.

options ordered are:

Panoramic Sunroof
3 Spoke Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Auto Hill Hold
High Beam Assist
Mobile Telephone Preparation - High with Audi connect
Folding Door Mirrors
Front and Rear Heated Seats
Under floor Storage in Luggage Area
Interior Light Pack
Storage Pack

i custom loaded it to my spec as this is the first time i have purchased a new car since i used to get them Tax-Free in Germany and after my time in the Army i decided to treat myself.

point to note - my local dealer wasn't prepared to negotiate on the list price despite me telling them from the outset that i had no intention of paying it.

the dealer wouldn't budge. so i decided on the car and spec i wanted and gave What Car a call and they saved me over £3000 on the list price that my local dealer wanted - as a result i was able to upgrade from an S-Line to S-Line Plus for the same price my local dealer wanted.

i sent the salesperson at my local Audi dealership (and CC'd the sales manager) a nice email explaining that i had purchased elsewhere because they were not prepared to negotiate, but looked forward to having my Q5 serviced with them anyhow.

this Q5 can't come soon enough.

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Registered
877 Posts
Well done on the negotiation. Looks a good spec in a nice colour. I couldn't do without the folding door mirrors...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well done on the negotiation. Looks a good spec in a nice colour. I couldn't do without the folding door mirrors...
yeah i'm glad i found a good deal but disappointed my local dealer weren't prepared to entertain me, although i only have a 30min drive to the other main dealer What Car put me in touch with.

interesting you like the folding door mirrors - they were the least important addition on my wish list as my logic assumed with door mirrors deployed i was less likely to get people parking close to me and denting my doors when they opened theirs.

that said, i'll obviously be less likely to be hit when kerb parked.

besides - they look cool as they deploy / retract

·
Registered
877 Posts
Haha they weren't top of my must-have list but I park a lot in communal car parks and didn't want them to stick out more than necessary so people would brush against them etc.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have had to fold my mirrors in a few times to get through tight spaces so I think it is a very useful option.

Wish I had gone for those wheels instead of the standard ones as I do think they look better. Hey-ho, they will be specced on the next one :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Folding mirrors were at the top of my list to able able to get in & out of my garage each day

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nice colour choice rifleman, we chose Lava grey too - for some reason I like the different shades you get with that colour, very appealing. May I ask what dealer you were at? Had a similar problem with my local dealer and after threatening to cancel our order managed to budge £2000 off.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've said it before but I found some Audi dealers difficult to negotiate with as I had no part-ex and was paying cash. Plus I was buying a vehicle that they already had on order.

I can understand why they were disappointed not to have the opportunity to take a turn from a part-ex and get the commission from the finance but the fact that some virtually ignored me was a surprise.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
yeah i'm glad i found a good deal but disappointed my local dealer weren't prepared to entertain me, although i only have a 30min drive to the other main dealer What Car put me in touch with.
Hi Rifleman
Are you prepared to say which dealers would and wouldn't negotiate?

·
Registered
794 Posts
My local Audi Dealer is Colbornes Audi of Camberley - the salesperson was very nice and helpful but looked at me as if i had 2 heads when i told her on day 1 that i would not pay List Price for a new Q5.

With that I also approached Colbornes Audi in Basingstoke (incase they had different policy) where the sales team were also helpful but blatantly not prepared to budge on the list price.

So i exploited both of them for test drives and all the info i needed to know before i ordered a Q5.

Once I was happy, i called What Car to get their "Target Price" and the good man Sam there actually got a me a better deal than quoted in their magazine and saved me well over £3000 by directing me to another Audi Main Dealer just 20 miles away - Wimbledon Audi who were fantastic.

i must point out that i have nothing to do with the car trade or What Car or anyone else but i'm more than happy to name and shame dealers who won't compromise and commend dealers and others who support the motorist and help us get the car at the price we want.

with the saving i made i upgraded from S-Line to S-Line Plus with a few extra's.

Reactions: Martin1 and Ransman

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Wow nicely played rifleman; funnily enough we just bought our SQ5 from Wimbledon Audi.

You don't happen to know the name of your salesman do you?
We found the customer service good, but they were a bit iffy with the negotiation of the car, could be because of the small number of allocations.
Congratulations on your buy, good job you did your research before ordering!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts