1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ran this past Mrs A she pointed out 3 things. (1) compare the 30,000 mile and 60,000 mile options in this list (she asserts real life will pull these closer together) (2) these are fleet spec cars which in general will not have a host of options fitted. (She says options enhance saleability rather than 2nd hand value). (3) This is a guess as it looks forward, the real numbers will be provided by the trade guides in 3 years time. - For those that missed it in other posts she is a global fleet manager in case you wondered why I'd consulted her. Anyway who really cares. I had a lovely time driving mine today and I was only going to the local recycling centre!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm totally not convinced by the SQ5 valuations either - they clearly don't take into account the extra the car brings over a Q5. The valuation after 4 years/40,000 miles is £4K less than my settlement value for 4 years/52,000 miles!

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
These tables may be accurate for used and abused fleet cars sold at auction.

Back in the real world, the depreciation on my Q5 after 4 years was half what these tables would predict after 3 years.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just scanning through I think this is the value after the term is not a % of how much the car will devalue but the % of what was paid. The 3ltr at 76% stacks up to what has been reported before and is along the lines of a 3 year old trade price today.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The depreciation figure is calculated at pence per mile, as are all the other numbers in the dark blue columns. The rightmost column is the total pence per mile cost. You'll see that higher mileage reduces the pence per mile cost as doubling the mileage does not reduce the residual value in proportion (e.g. the SQ5 only loses another £2k off of it's value. going from 30,000 to 60,000 miles) Generally the figure are on the pessimistic side for residual value.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Missile the reason for the pessimistic figures is that "fleet" vehicles even the ones operated by user / choosers do indeed end up looking like skips in the majority of cases normally they have threadbare service histories as well, sometimes to the point where a surcharge is applied at the end of the lease. These cars will almost never be seen as "approved used" cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts