Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 40tdi Q5 I am thinking of getting a remap. 190bhp to 220bhp is quoted.
Has anyone had this done? did you notice a real difference? and any pros or cons of doing this?

·
Still Game
4,726 Posts
Welcome to our forum :cool:
I have not but several others have. If you search forum for info, you will see comments from others confirming that the TDI responds well to remap.

·
Registered
Q5 Sline plus 2.0 rid 174
3 Posts
I will soon be having my 2.0tdi remapped, hopefully by Celtic tuning who did my previous car, I can either have a economy map which will boost the figures from 174 bhp up to 206 and take the torque from 280 lb/ft up to 328 or the stage 1 map will take the BHP from 174 up to 228 and the torque from 280 up to 361. The maps are written by themselves rather than just a generic ecu file.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,918 Posts
That's a small gain, that its probably not worth it, except for the torque. Plus you just put extra strain on the weakest part of your engine / transmission etc.

·
Registered
Q5 Sline plus 2.0 rid 174
3 Posts
You think this is a small gain and not worth doing?, interesting, when I had my old Mercedes done it made a massive difference to the overall drive of the car. What sort of figures would you expect from a ecu map then? Alway interested to listen to opinions.
Product Font Circle Screenshot Parallel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts