Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have just got a 2018 Q5 SLine with the upgraded B&O sound system. Do you know if i can install Audi Rings Puddle Lights? I have standard lights underneath my door at the moment. The link below mentions narrow fitted lights but im not sure what that means. I am looking at the link below and the car is not listed. Any help would me much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
324 Posts
No problem with the installation of Audi ring puddle lights. I purchased mine directly from Audi as I have heard bad stories about third party ones. I have done it and it took 10 mins for both sides.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
No, mines a 2022. Previously I had a Q3 with basic puddle lights, I bought a couple of Audi ring replacements off ebay and they did not fit.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
My first Q3 was 2017 and the second was 2020. The issue was on the 2017 one. I successfully moved the ring puddle lights between both Q3's and then to my current Q5. My mistake was ordering them for the 2017 Q3.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Was your Q3 2018 which is why you know it will fit? I am going to see if i can order direct as I would prefer to do that for peace of mind
I saw some advertised on eBay by an Audi dealer. I just rang them quoted the reg no and were advised that they would fit (there are a couple of different types) easy to fit I borrowed a friends plastic tool with a curved head to remove the original ones).

·
Registered
29 Posts
The good thing about the Audi ring's ones (genuine) is that they are brighter than many of the third party eBay ones.

I bought genuine ones (2nd hand) off eBay and then bought some SQ5 ones off a US seller. They are fine but no where near as bright as the Audi ones which I now have in the rear doors.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,276 Posts
I have had the Genuine Audi puddle light rings previously (expensive!), they are nice but but light output is rubbish compared to up-rated (brighter) third party LED plain/non-ring puddle lights. Depends if you what form or function. I went with function.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts